Title: Communications Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Employment Status: Exempt – Full time
Summary of Position
As a member of the Leadership team, this supervisory position manages the Communications department, and oversees the overall visual and social messaging of North Heights, including creating consistency of brand and narrative for all print, graphic design, web, ads, and social media.
· Consistency in brand development and execution, with high quality in:
o Social media
· Lead staff in a proactive communication process that is working 90-100 days out
· Collaboration with Leadership Team and each department for a unity of communication.
· Manage the communication process with strategy and project planning
Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
• Participates as a member of the Leadership team.
• Oversees the engaging, creative, accurate and timely maintenance of North Heights website for both external and internal visitors.
• Oversees the content and production of promotional messaging, ensuring accuracy, compelling formatting and consistent language—including all promotional materials, bulletin, emails, social media and others as needed.
• Facilitates clear and concise verbal announcements for all weekend worship services.
• Write and oversee production of video announcements for weekend worship services.
• Write and co-author weekly emails, congregational letters and presentations for the Senior Pastor and other important communications to the congregation through all platforms.
• Create an internal and external communications strategy that results in an engaged congregation with new people curious about what’s happening at North Heights.
• Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Disciple-making and other team members on communication tactics to engage the congregation and encourage outreach efforts.
• Supervises communications staff and collaborates with other ministries to assure consistent brand and narrative in all promotional materials.
• Develops and encourages leadership development of the communications staff.
• Coordinate all North Heights website and social media platforms to ensure effective congregational and community communications.
• Guide people to take their next step toward spiritual maturity.
• Establish and manage measurable quarterly goals that are in alignment with our Vision
• Adhere to staff core values
• Adheres to the Constitution and Bylaws of North Heights
• Performs other duties as assigned that further the vision of North Heights
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Belief that Jesus is the one and only Son of God and the only name that can save a human being. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and demonstrate the use of spiritual gifts.
• A good grasp of the Bible and a belief that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• Previous leadership experience with executive level leaders of an organization in the areas of communications.
• A strong ability to serve others and a history of demonstrating strong servant leadership.
• A teachable spirit.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Writing and editing experience
• Organized record-keeping and other work habits.
• Web design proficiency and successful implementation of social media strategies.
• Able to communicate on multiple levels, from social media to print media.
• A passion to see people come to faith in Jesus and grow in their walk with Jesus as they reach out to others.
• A proven track record of being a team leader with strong inter-personal skills.
• Lead the staff in a proactive communication process that is working 90 to 100 days out
• Collaboration with leadership team and each department for a unity of communication
• Manage the communication process and strategic project planning
• Consistency in brand development and execution, with high quality in
Berean Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Burnsville, Minnesota
First United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | Hendersonville, Tennessee
Horizons International | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Boulder, Colorado
Fourth Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Bethesda, Maryland