Branchline Church, located just east of downtown Hastings, Minnesota is seeking an individual to join the Pastoral Staff in the role of Lead Pastor. Branchline Church is looking for a Lead Pastor who will fulfill God’s vision for Branchline through effective communication and relational skills. Our next pastor will lead and direct the preaching/teaching ministry, ensuring that a biblically-based message of significance is delivered with passion and excellence. While under the supervision of the Board of Overseers, the next Lead Pastor will act as leader and shepherd of the staff and church.
Candidates who are interested in becoming Branchline’s next Lead Pastor must:
· Be willing to become a member of the church.
· Be committed to the vision, mission, statement of faith and ministry at Branchline.
· Possess a personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character.
· Effectively communicate as a preacher-teacher, a visionary, and a spiritual and servant leader with experience in the supervision of staff and shepherding of a congregation.
· Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibits the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
· Earnestly seeks God’s will above all other possibilities.
· Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
· Possesses and promotes a spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body.
· Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
· Exhibits Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the Hastings community.
· Possesses and demonstrates a heart for the lost and is committed to evangelism.
Branchline Church is seeking someone who will, with God’s leading, fulfill the following list of important responsibilities.
Goal: to lead relevant worship services so that people are inspired to know and obey the word of God.
· Provide 90% of the Sunday morning messages.
· Coordinate with the staff on other service elements.
· Plan series length and content.
· Coordinate guest speaker schedule.
· Coordinate with stakeholders for special Sunday morning events (MNATC, Church without Walls, etc.).
· Lead prayer time prior to the service on Sunday.
Goal: to provide directional leadership for the church in fulfilling our mission
· Be a voting member of the Board of Overseers and work with the Board Chair on the agenda and priorities for the Board meetings.
· Promote the desired culture of BLC.
· Meet regularly with staff (as a group and individually).
· Be the point of contact with Converge and other church partnerships.
· Manage the Team Leaders and lead the quarterly meetings.
· Partner with local churches for cooperative ministry.
· Supervise the church staff and volunteers.
· Set staff salaries, provide annual job reviews and determine pay raises in conjunction with the Board of Overseers.
· Work with Board to set and submit an annual budget.
· Sign checks as needed.
· Ensure that the finances, building, and material needed to function are in good working order.
WEDDINGS, FUNERALS & COUNSELING
· Weddings: Premarital counseling, rehearsals & ceremonies.
· Funerals: Collaborate and coordinate with the funeral home, connect & meet with family, and develop a service message script.
· Ensure that counseling needs are cared for whether directly or through delegation.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Ordained or willing to be ordained within 5 years.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry or a related field or Master of Divinity Degree (preferred).
· Experience in pastoral ministry preaching/teaching, leadership and staff supervision.
Branchline’s Lead Pastor is a full-time position with executive/exempt compensation and prescribed benefit package.
BLC is using converge P3 for our pastoral search. For more info and to apply directly go to https://convergep3.com/V5Register.php
Please be sure to indicate that you heard about this posting on JustChurchJobs.com
For more information on the Hastings area and our local community, please check out https://www.branchlinechurch.com/pastorsearch
Email the Pastoral Search Team at [email protected]
North Heights Church
Berean Baptist Church
Berean Baptist Church
Berean Baptist Church
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan