The Student Pastor is responsible for providing leadership in planning, conducting, and evaluating a Christ-centered ministry by specifically developing disciples among middle & high school students, building volunteer leaders and providing oversight to community engagement ministries. This position will assist the Senior Pastor, Elders, staff and ministry leaders in fulfilling the mission of Capstone Church.
· Love the church, serve the community, make disciples.
· Identify, enlist, train and deploy volunteers and ministry leaders.
· Establish consistent communication.
· Develop strategies, events and projects that engage and grow disciple-makers.
· Manage administrative needs of Student, and Community Ministries
· Ensure safe, challenging and nurturing environments for students and families.
· Participates in other Pastoral duties as needed
· Work on other duties and special projects as it relates to the position.
· Lead the teaching ministry as an effective teacher of biblical truth within the Student Ministries community.
· Help develop/facilitate a cohesive ministry pipeline from youth to young adult.
· Develop and provide oversight to a strategy for identifying and meeting the specific needs of our community.
· Actively seek to be a bridge to the community for the church.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Follower of Jesus Christ. Demonstrated strong, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study, giving, disciple-making and worship attendance.
· Shares vision and mission of Capstone Church, including commitment to unity of the staff team and church.
· Previous experience in children’s, student or community church/ministry leadership (2-3 yrs).
· Commitment to ministry education/training (BS/BA, Masters preferred).
· Loves People. Desires to network and connect to reach people far from God and help them grow in their faith.
· Calling to pastor people, fulfill the character qualifications as taught in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. Ordained or be willing to be ordained as a Pastor.
· Servant’s heart for gospel-focused, family-based ministry with the goal of leading students, and parents toward spiritual maturity.
· Self-motivated, self-starter, decision maker, strategic thinker, strategic planner.
· History of developing volunteer leaders with the ability to manage, mobilize and motivate people.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to teach in a manner that is biblically sound and culturally relevant to small and large groups.
· Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage.
· Ability to use email, social media and other technology to connect and promote ministry.
· Commitment to a healthy family life. If married, the spouse must be a believer and supportive of the ministry.
TO APPLY SEND RESUME TO [email protected]
Capstone is a church that is simple in structure and mission, yet intense in purpose. We love God and love people.
We exist to connect people to Christ, church and community.
Asaville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Anderson, South Carolina
Anderson, South Carolina
Fork Hill Baptist Church | Baptist
Part-time | Heath Springs, South Carolina
Heath Springs, South Carolina
Bethel UMC | United Methodist
Full-time | Walterboro, South Carolina
Walterboro, South Carolina
Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Buffalo, South Carolina
Buffalo, South Carolina
Grace United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | North Augusta, South Carolina
North Augusta, South Carolina