Established on January 1, 2019, SLCC has roots that stretch back more than 100 years. Born out of the Midway Church of the Brethren in 1902, from part of the Tulpehocken Congregation starting with 195 members. The Midway Congregation alternated meetings at the Bucher Meeting House on Scheaffer Road and the Midway Meeting House, both in South Lebanon, and was a part of the Church of the Brethren. Later, the congregation expanded the Midway Meeting House at the current location of 13 Evergreen Road. This building was subsequently enlarged with a sanctuary in 1951, Sunday School classrooms in 1987 and 1995, and the addition of a Family Life Center in 2001 that was enlarged in 2013 to facilitate worship services.
The church has seen many changes and much growth; yet, the goal to be faithful to God’s Word and obedient to the call to make disciples has been constant. In 1963, L. John Weaver became the first pastor, succeeded by Hartman Rice in 1980; Jack Harpold in 1983; and Charles Ilyes in 2005.