First Baptist Church Pine Castle is located in Orlando, FL between a modern (and growing) downtown city center and Orlando International Airport. The calling of a new senior pastor less than six months ago came with a desire to revitalize the church to do whatever it takes to lovingly lead people to encounter, pursue, and serve Jesus.
Director of Student Ministry
To provide God-honoring vision, leadership, and training to lead student ministry staff, volunteers, parents, and students. Our student ministry has two functions:
- To lead teenagers (students in grades 6-12) to find and follow Jesus through outreach, evangelism, discipleship, and service opportunities; and,
- Equip parents of teenagers to succeed as the primary spiritual leader in their child’s life.
Competencies and Expectations:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values, and strategy of First Baptist Church Pine Castle.
- Committed to do whatever it takes to help students and their families find and follow Jesus.
- Function as a professional – be self-motivated, honest, reliable, and discreet with sensitive matters.
- Preserve cooperative and motivating relationships as a key member of the Family Ministry Team and with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Excel at building ministry teams, developing and executing outreach strategies, and making disciples who make disciples (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- A passion for student ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous vocational or volunteer leadership experience in a healthy and growing student ministry.
- Experience in recruiting, equipping, and unleashing volunteer leaders to minister to students and families.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Proven track record of outreach to students on middle and high school campuses.
- Basic working understanding of Orange Family Ministry.
- Competency with basic computer software (MS Office) and the capacity to learn new software (Planning Center, etc.).
- Provide vision, leadership, training, and support for all Student Ministry environments.
- Recruit and provide leadership, training, and encouragement for all Student Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Develop a multiplication strategy to identify and equip ministry leaders.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curricula for large and small group teaching environments.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Leads Student Ministry staff
- Receives support from administrative staff
- Receives consistent leadership training
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within the church
Position type: Part time
Reports to: Senior Pastor