Receptionist & Communication Assistant
Position Title: Receptionist & Communication Assistant
Supervisor's Title: Communication & Events Director
Position Details: Level 4, Full-Time (40 hours a week), Wage, Exempt
OVERVIEW & SUMMARY
The Receptionist & Communication Assistant will serve as the receptionist for the entire building creating an important “first impressions” for all guests in our atrium. In between the intervals of serving guests and phone calls, the time is to be used to fulfill the following major job duties further outlined below as an assistant to our Communication & Events Director.
1. We expect you to maintain a close/biblical relationship with God.
2. We expect you to maintain a close/biblical relationship with your spouse and family.
3. We expect you to be a Biblical tither to Second Baptist Church (or other church).
4. We expect you to maintain appropriate relationships with members of Second Baptist and
5. We expect you to serve in your Ministry Area as Kingdom First and Second Strong.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER TRAITS
• Manage the front desk, including receiving visitors, packages, mail: Creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the atrium. Actively engages with visitors and the community
throughout the day; including those that enter the building regularly (families, staff,
church members) in a friendly way.
At Second Baptist Church (Springfield, MO) we are Kingdom First and Second Strong.
The Kingdom of God is so important, it was the first and last sermons of Jesus' earthly ministry (Mark 1:14-15; Acts 1:3). Our commitment to Kingdom First means supporting and sending missionaries, church plants, and serving through community partnerships. We are Second Strong through Scriptural Integrity, Transformational Ministry, Relational Authenticity, Open Hearted Hospitality, Next Steps Intentionality, and Generosity.
Second Baptist Church (Springfield, MO) | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Springfield, Missouri
Bay Area Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | League City, Texas
League City, Texas
First Baptist Columbia TN | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Columbia, Tennessee
First United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | Hendersonville, Tennessee
Horizons International | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Boulder, Colorado