Receptionist & Communication Assistant
Position Title: Receptionist & Communication Assistant
Supervisor's Title: Communication & Events Director
Position Details: Level 4, Full-Time (40 hours a week), Wage, Exempt
OVERVIEW & SUMMARY
The Receptionist & Communication Assistant will serve as the receptionist for the entire building creating an important “first impressions” for all guests in our atrium. In between the intervals of serving guests and phone calls, the time is to be used to fulfill the following major job duties further outlined below as an assistant to our Communication & Events Director.
1. We expect you to maintain a close/biblical relationship with God.
2. We expect you to maintain a close/biblical relationship with your spouse and family.
3. We expect you to be a Biblical tither to Second Baptist Church (or other church).
4. We expect you to maintain appropriate relationships with members of Second Baptist and
5. We expect you to serve in your Ministry Area as Kingdom First and Second Strong.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER TRAITS
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should love Jesus with all their heart, should maintain healthy relationships within the ministries and have a love for reaching those outside our faith.
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should be a creative, organized, and have
- strong computer and technology skills.
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should be able to work on projects and work
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should have a background and experience
- working as an assistant or receptionist.
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should be detailed oriented with the ability to
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should be able to communicate in a variety of
- written forms (emails, newsletters, etc.) and over the phone, to a variety of audiences.
- The Receptionist & Communication Assistant should have experience with a variety of office
- tasks such as, scheduling, typing, copying, etc.
• Manage the front desk, including receiving visitors, packages, mail: Creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the atrium. Actively engages with visitors and the community
throughout the day; including those that enter the building regularly (families, staff,
church members) in a friendly way.
- Effectively assists visitors and telephone callers in professional, friendly manner.
- Ensures visitors have a purpose for being here. Directs vendors to appropriate staff.
- Accepts package deliveries and handles pick-ups from carriers such as UPS and Federal
- Express. Contact staff regarding deliveries.
- Sorts and distributes all mail/special mail received for church and school. Updates
- mailing addresses for returned mail.
- Responsible for reviewing church and child development calendar daily to accurately
- assist members, staff, faculty, families, and other visitors.
- Create signage to direct visitors to meeting locations.
- Coordinates with security and operations staff to ensure reception area is always
- Provide administrative support to the communications team, including Assists in
- processing of all general mailings and bulletins for church. Responsible for maintaining
- the staff directory and updating the phone system for new or departed staff.
- Supports building operations: Helps all staff communicate with facilities staff regarding
- matters needing immediate attention (radio for clean-ups, supplies needed, etc.)
- Prepares security cards as required.
- Obtains and records reservations for church functions in system as requested. Print
- calendars for church and operations staff as needed.
- *This position does not require membership of Second Baptist Church, although we encourage it. It is 40 hours a week Monday through Friday (may require flexible hours for special events on weekends or weeknights as needed).
- Hiring Manager:
- Dan MacLachlan (Administrative Minister) [email protected] 417-887-3111