Youth Pastor--- Central Campus
The Youth Pastor serves as the primary student leader for the Central Campus that will prove pastoral leadership to the campus and assure the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities. He/she will oversee life and direction of the student ministry (6th - 12th grade) under the direction of the Lead and Associate pastor. The Student Pastor gives direct oversight to the youth programming and will also be the main teaching pastor for the student ministry. He/she is responsible for designing, coordinating and overseeing a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building young disciples for Christ in alignment with the vision of Glad Tidings Church. This requires firm grasp and understanding of the beliefs, values and strategy of Glad Tidings and the ability to align staff and key leadership with its mission, vision and values. Areas of focus include group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model with a strong biblical background. The Student pastor must be a visionary leader that develops others, a servant leader, shepherd and casts the vision God has given to the Glad Tidings Church Network. He/she will participate in weekly staff meetings/training, as well as creative planning meetings.
We believe in declaring hope and developing people, so that they can reach their God given potential. We are a spirit- filled church that exists to help people experience life-change through Jesus. Our weekly services consist of Sunday morning service, Wednesday evening service, and small groups.
- Full-Time ministry experience, or at least one year of intensive internship experience
- Credentials with the Assemblies of God is good but not required
- A driving passion for leading students and families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus.
- An ability to stay organized and achieve ministry goals
- Prayerful in disposition and teachable spirit
- A positive outgoing personality
- A desire to further relationship with fellow team members, students, parents, and the community
- Preach/Teach Weekly in the youth service
- Pastor Heart to serve others: nothing below you or above you
- Exemplify a life of honoring Jesus
- Lead your life and home spiritually
- Lead and grow the Student Ministry
- Manifest a generous spirit and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess an obvious commitment to personal growth and spiritual discipline
- Show a history of successful team building and development of leaders
- Able to grasp technology and new innovations and integrate them
- Develop leaders and build godly relationships
- If married, a spouse is encouraged to participate in the ministry of the church.
- Great communication: ex: Report weekly via personal meetings, planning center, jotform, etc.
- Train, develop, and disciple leaders and volunteers
- Develop teams, develop people.
- Maintain positive attitude with team members and volunteers
- A life of prayer is a must
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades 6-12th. This includes weekly youth services, small groups, and periodic special events
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Direct Report and Senior Pastor to ensure the vision of the Senior Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
- Develop ministry strategy for reaching students in their context
- Create an engaging weekly service through worship, prayer, message, games, etc.
- Build teams that involves students and develops them as leaders
- Build a team of youth leaders that further develop and disciple students
- Develop Small Group strategies that disciple students
- Grow youth attendance through events and discipleship
- Connect with schools within the community in order to enable students to participate in student ministry
- Actively follow up with students
- Relationally serve students pastoral care needs
- Maintain relationship with students and parents to equip them to be authentic Christ followers
- Recruit students to attend youth camp, conferences or retreats
- Develop students to fulfill the culture of Glad Tidings Church: Everyone Attends, Everyone Serves, Everyone Gives and Everyone Invites
- Track data for measurable growth objectives
- Plan events to engage students
- Manage Administrative responsibilities
- Attend Weekly Staff Meetings
- Serve the Glad Tidings Church Network in other essential duties when called upon
Other Desired Skills
- Planning Center
- Social media
- Creative thinker
- Hard working
- Team Builder
- Character- Current, vibrant, active relationship with Jesus; Daily time in the Word and Prayer
- Recruiter of Leaders
- Developer of Leaders
- Networker- in GT, outside of GT and locally in Austin; Build relationships with local church family, neighbors, community, etc.
- Team Builder- Build, grow, develop a team on the Central Campus; Build relationships and develop other leaders.
- Connected and Involved with the church- Build relationships with GT Central attendees; purposefully connect and get to know local campus, broadening and deepening relationship circle; lead or attend a small group
- Unifier- unite and not divide; God’s vision is focus
- Family- model strong family; first and priority after God.
- Team Player- connect with local staff and move toward vision
To Apply, Please Do The Following
- Submit a resume with references
- Submit a link to at least 2 preaching/teaching videos
- Submit any personality (DISC) or leadership profile-type assessments
- Submit links to social media accounts (made public)
- Submit a video introduction from you and your spouse *not necessary, but appreciated*