Design, build and grow a disciples making disciples movement within Wooddale church using the existing framework of groups and one-to-one mentoring. Oversee and lead the strategy of “disciples making disciples” for all campus locations. This role will be done in partnership with Campus Pastors, Discipleship team, and through developing a team of lay-leaders at campus locations.
· A disciple of Jesus who is committed to making more disciples for Jesus.
· Baccalaureate degree.
· Advanced degree in theology, ministry or similar desired.
· Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church and remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
· Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
· Create, develop, and grow a vibrant and fruitful Young Adults Ministry at Wooddale Church.
o Establish an annual ministry plan which involves growing a Gospel-centered movement among Young Adults at Wooddale’s Eden Prairie Campus.
o Recruit, develop, and deploy a team of volunteer leaders to help lead the Young Adult ministry.
o Ensure Young Adults at Wooddale are spiritually healthy, they are active members of the church, serving in various ministries, and are growing as disciples for Jesus.
o Serve as the primary face of Young Adult ministry, being an active and engaging champion for Young Adults at Wooddale Church’s Eden Prairie campus.
o Provide spiritual direction for Young Adults, overseeing the teaching and discipleship plan for Young Adult programming and ministry.
o Success of this role will not be measured by program attendance but by disciples who make disciples.
· Champion and grow Group Life at Wooddale Church:
o Significantly grow the Groups ministry to be the primary way the congregation is engaged in the ministry of Wooddale Church.
o Lead Eden Prairie Community Group, Midweek, and Men’s ministry, including:
· Oversee and lead 1:1 Spiritual Mentoring ministry.
o Support and coach volunteer directors of 1:1 Spiritual Mentoring.
o Increase visibility of 1:1 Spiritual Mentoring.
o Develop and maintain an effective and efficient system for connecting mentors and mentees and keeping up to date on their progress.
· Partner with all ministries to ensure the disciples-making-disciples model is being used and promoted church-wide.
· Establish reporting systems to help Wooddale evaluate the effectiveness of ministry. This includes weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as well as other evaluative methods to know if Wooddale is succeeding in making disciples who make disciples.
· Develop a strong knowledge of other discipleship and small group programs at leading churches, and adopt best practices to grow and mature the ministry at Wooddale.
· Manage budgets of the above ministries.
· Reports to the Executive Pastor.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
· Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as weekend services and responsibilities.
· Schedule includes working evenings, weekend, and extended hours as holidays and other events require.
· Requires the ability to regularly commute to and work from the campuses as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in an office setting and will include using standard office equipment. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants can apply at: wooddale.org/careers
We use E-verify to verify employment eligibility.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Wooddale Church is 1 church in 4 locations. We seek to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. To learn more, visit: https://wooddale.org/about/
Fellowship Bible Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Belmont, California
Colonial Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Randallstown, Maryland
Air Hill Brethren in Christ Church | Brethren
Full-time | Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Harvest Baptist Fellowship | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Tampa, Florida
Pathway Church | Christian Missionary Alliance
Full-time | Redding, California