About the Position
The Children’s Ministry Director nurtures children (infants through elementary school-age) to connect, grow and serve in their faith journey as disciples of Jesus Christ, and partners with parents and volunteers to provide a village of support and encouragement for children. This is a part-time, 15-hour/week position reporting to a Senior Pastor. The pay rate is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. To apply, send resume and cover letter expressing interest to [email protected].
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the spiritual development of children who can join Aldersgate UMC as we make new disciples of Jesus. The ideal candidate:
· Is excited about the Christian faith and has the ability to effectively engage with both children and their families to share that faith in a manner that is mutually respectful, supports personal growth, and creates a welcoming environment
· Has experience soliciting and effectively using parent and volunteer support, collaborating with a team toward common goals, and functioning effectively with minimal oversight.
· Possesses strong leadership, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
While not required, a bachelor’s degree is desirable.
· Collaborate with the pastors and parents to develop and provide a children’s program on Sundays where children feel safe, have fun and learn about the love and ways of Jesus Christ.
· Oversee the health and vitality of the Children’s Ministry, working collaboratively with the Family Ministries Team and Parents of Little Ones (POLO) group
· Plan and implement developmental programs and seasonal events for children such as the 3rd Grade Bible Class, 4th Grade Acolyte Training, Vacation Bible School, and Christmas and Easter Sunday celebrations that facilitate the transition of children from infancy to youth
· Recruit, train and supervise adult volunteer leaders and helpers
· Coordinate logistics (budget, curriculum, supplies and resource materials) for Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and other children’s ministry events
· Serve as a liaison between the children and their church by attending worship, staff meetings and Church Council meetings to the extent possible
· Manage the Children’s Ministry Program budget
· Maintain rosters and pertinent information for child participants, parents, and volunteers, including attendance/participation records
· Commit to ongoing professional education in the area of Children’s Ministry, including participation in Children’s Ministry workshops and conferences
· High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Experience as a teacher or administrator in public or private education, or experience in a similar church capacity
· A growing Christian faith and ability to articulate that faith; a basic knowledge of United Methodist church history, practice and theology
About Aldersgate United Methodist Church
Aldersgate UMC (www.aumctustin.org) is a continuation of the Methodist Movement that transforms lives and communities through the grace and power of Jesus Christ. Aldersgate is a movement devoted to connecting with God and others, growing in our likeness to Jesus Christ, and serving the least, the last and the lost together.
Send resume and cover letter expressing interest to [email protected]. Open until filled.
Aldersgate United Methodist Church (www.aumctustin.org) is a continuation of the Methodist Movement that transforms lives and communities through the grace and power of Jesus Christ. Aldersgate is a movement devoted to connecting with God and others, growing in our likeness to Jesus Christ, and serving the least, the last and the lost together.
San Diego Calvary Korean Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | San Diego, California
San Diego, California
Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Thousand Oaks, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Peachtree Road United Methodist (PRUMC) | United Methodist
Full-time | Atlanta, Georgia
Fountain of Life UM Church | United Methodist
Part-time | Buffalo, Illinois