Red Bank Baptist Church in Chattanooga, TN, is seeking a full-time Student Pastor. Red Bank exists to Point People to Jesus one conversation at a time. As a Southern Baptist Church, we hold to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Our church consists of multiple campuses and a congregation of around 1,000 in attendance on Sunday mornings. Though we have different places to meet, we are one church with multiple campuses sharing a unified mission and vision. We believe everyone deserves a chance to hear the redemptive good news of Jesus Christ’s birth, death, and resurrection. We know this will only happen if God’s people are actively going out into the world and sharing the Gospel with people they meet.
Led by Pastor Sam Greer, Ph.D., Red Bank Baptist Church is built upon the fact that followers of Christ are called to point people to Jesus. Pastor Sam teaches this belief by challenging the congregation to engage the world in Gospel Conversations. Pastor Sam places a high priority on God’s Word, and our church is gospel-centered in all we do.
We have a legacy of ministry excellence for our students and are seeking a man with the heart of a pastor and a passion for partnering with parents to point their children to Christ! We are theologically thoughtful in our approach to ministry and desire someone eager to engage in the lives of students and families. We also are looking for a man motivated to develop leaders, build relationships, and form teams.
• Aspires to the office of a pastor and desires to be a shepherd in the local church.
• Gifted by God as both teacher and a pastor.
• Growing love for God: marked by love for the Word, prayer, and obedience.
• Growing love for the body: marked by unity, service, and submission to the authority of the church.
• Growing love for the lost: marked by prayer for, relationships with, and evangelism of unbelievers.
• Meets the character qualifications for an elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
• Joyful, humble, and teachable.
• Preferably has 5+ years of experience in a larger church.
• Gifted to lead students to worship and know God and serve in the body.
• Preferably has an undergraduate degree; seminary preferred.
• Effective in recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing volunteers to help lead.
• Skilled in Bible study and able to teach the Bible.
• Knows and can teach sound doctrine.
• Proven track record of personal disciple-making, particularly among students.
• Connects with a broad range of people of different ages and backgrounds.
• Relational, with healthy EQ and strong interpersonal skills.
• Versatile, flexible, and able to adapt to changes.
• Subscribes to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
The role of the Student Pastor (SP) is to oversee the student ministry strategy of Red Bank Baptist Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Associate Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Red Bank and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The SP will partner with parents to lead middle and high school students to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Red Bank Baptist Church by meeting kids where they are and pointing them towards their next step with Jesus. The SP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of students through midweek and weekend services, small groups, and volunteer teams.
The Student Pastor will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Red Bank. The SP should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The SP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The SP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
• Committing to a daily quiet time with God.
• Participating in a Life Group regularly.
• Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
• Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Supporting the ministries of Red Bank by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
• Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Red Bank employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
2. Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence parents and students. The SP is responsible for creating an environment that attracts, develops, and empowers the leaders providing ministry programming to all students by:
• Communicating a clear vision and defined ministry wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
• Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
• Overseeing safety and security systems for students (e.g., background checks, safety and security procedures, etc.)
• Leading staff and volunteer meetings.
• Championing the student ministry leadership development strategy.
• Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (meetings, tools, continuing education opportunities, etc.)
• Providing staff and volunteer teams with current student ministry best practices.
• Ensuring that the student ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable service to parents and students consistently.
• Providing regular evaluations, feedback, and systematic improvements for team members.
• Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new families and their students are plugged into Red Bank Baptist Church.
• Developing, submitting, and managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
• Identifying, recruiting, and interviewing potential staff members as needed or requested.
• Providing intentional opportunities to show appreciation to volunteers.
3. Oversight and Execution of Midweek and Weekend Environments
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for students in middle and high school by:
4. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups
Designs practical onramps and systems to help students move from visiting to belonging and growing by:
• Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate student small groups into weekend and midweek environments.
• Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
• Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and students during the week (visiting, coaching, discipling, etc.).
• Providing opportunities for students to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
• Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials, and creative approaches to small group ministry.
• Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
• Designing student outreach efforts at Red Bank and in the local schools.
5. Oversight and Execution of Parent Partnerships
• Designs and facilitates events intended to encourage and equip parents
• Implements a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ, focused on what happens outside of church walls.
This is a full-time, salaried position, including retirement, HSA, and benefits.
REASONS TO LOVE LIFE IN CHATTANOOGA
Chattanooga is absolutely stunning – nestled between mountains with a winding river to boot. This city is growing rapidly and attracts amazing people who are real, genuine, and some of the most caring, generous, and hospitable people you could ever meet.
Chattanoogans are the kind of people you can do life with – the community here is truly special. We believe God is moving in this place, and you can feel it. We don’t know exactly what He has planned for this city but based on the people already here and the other world-changers who feel inexplicably drawn here, we can’t help to assume it’s going to be BIG - the city is ripe for harvest!
Chattanooga has transformed from an old industrial town into a thriving modern city. We are quickly becoming a startup haven (did you know we have the fastest internet in the world?). What else? You cannot find a city with a better cost of living for the amenities offered than Chattanooga.
On top of its affordability, Chattanooga’s prime location on the Tennessee-Georgia border gives residents quick access to several southern cities. It’s within three hours of Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, and Huntsville! The Chattanooga metro is also home to over half a million people and has been growing in population over the last 10 years. Plus, there have been more young professionals and families moving to Chattanooga because of its affordable housing market for young home buyers, great job opportunities, and plentiful outdoor activities!
If you love music, film, and other theatrics, look no further than Chattanooga’s theaters for your entertainment! Catch theatrical productions, comedy shows, and community events at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium. Attend concerts and popular Broadway musicals like Cats and Les Miserables at the historic Tivoli Theatre. Watch plays like The Scarlet Letter and The Tempest performed by a local cast at Ensemble Theatre of Chattanooga.
Finally, Chattanooga boasts some of the best public, private, and Christian schools around, in addition to higher education institutions.
The Point Church at Signal exists to Point People to Jesus one conversation at a time. As a Southern Baptist Church, we hold to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. The Point Church at Signal is the 3rd campus of Red Bank Baptist Church. Though we have different places to meet, we are one church with multiple campuses, with the same values and beliefs taught at all three of our campuses. We believe everyone deserves a chance to hear the redemptive good news of Jesus Christ’s birth, death, and resurrection. We know this will only happen if God’s people are actively going out into the world and sharing the Gospel with people they meet.
Led by Sam Greer, Ph.D., The Point Church is built upon the fact that followers of Christ are called to point people to Jesus. Pastor Sam teaches this belief by challenging the congregation to engage the world in Gospel Conversations.
Brook Hollow Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Nashville, Tennessee
First Baptist Church Soddy Daisy | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
Living Hope Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Clarksville, Tennessee
Brainerd Hills Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Real Life Sango | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Clarksville, Tennessee