Macedonia Baptist Church, Owensboro, KY is accepting resumes for a full-time Student Ministry Pastor. Please send resumes to: [email protected]
The position of Student Pastor requires someone who will lead the Church to provide a comprehensive ministry of discipleship to young people, beginning with grade six and extending into early adulthood (through college or approximately age 25). The Student Pastor shall give leadership and guidance to all programs that involve students at Macedonia Baptist Church, either by direct involvement or by support and direction of volunteer leaders at the Church.
Required Education and/or Work Experience Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution and/or pursuit of seminary degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in the student ministry field. Work with church youth and young adult ministries is preferred.
- Evidence of a calling to the ministry and a passion to serve the needs of adolescents as they transition into adulthood.
- Adherence to the Baptist Faith & Message.
- Evidence of a mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ and a life of personal integrity.
- Ability to perform all the tasks necessary to complete the Call as Student Pastor. Proven strengths in leadership, communication and administrative management skills are essential.
- Proficient use of current office and communication technology is expected.
- Work in cooperation with congregational leaders and church staff to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive youth and young adult ministry in fulfillment of the purpose and objectives as stated in the Church Constitution.
- Conduct or coordinate weekly activities with youth in Grades 6 through 12 and with young adults (through age 25) in such a way as to focus and enhance the Church’s ministry of discipleship to young people.
- Model and provide leadership in worship, Bible study, evangelism, outreach, and Christian ministry activities with youth and young adults.
- Plan and coordinate camps, retreats, mission trips, and summer programs (VBS) as appropriate for each age group. Work with the staff and volunteer leaders in scheduling events.
- Plan and administer budgets for all ministries to youth and young adults.
- Provide pastoral care, counseling, and appropriate referrals in relation to situations encountered by adolescents, young single adults, and their families.
- Communicate regularly to participants and their families through all available means, including popular social media and the church’s website.
- Direct, develop, support, and coordinate the work of volunteer leaders in youth and young adult ministries.
- Lead services and ministries as called upon or when the Senior Pastor is absent from services.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends, methods, and materials as related to youth and young adult ministries.
- Comply with the work hours and vacation provisions of the Policies and Procedures Manual and use allotted time off to remain healthy and rested: spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.