- Immediate opening: Seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about partnering with parents in leading kids into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, especially through recruiting, inspiring, and equipping volunteer leaders to engage in this ministry.
- Job title: Director
- Primary area of focus: Our ministry for kids (up to 5th grade) and their families, which we call Kids Connect.
- Collaborate with other NextGen staff and volunteer leaders to partner with parents in leading kids into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strive “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Eph. 4:12), not primarily doing the work of the ministry but encouraging, activating, and developing the gifts within the body to accomplish ministry.
- Seek ways to take our established Kids Connect ministry to new levels of impact and reach. (Currently approx. 330 kids and 150 volunteers total – around 130 kids and 50 volunteers each Sunday.)
Requirements of the position
- Be a Christ-follower with a clear story of encountering Jesus and a growing relationship with Him.
- Show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics (see 1 Timothy 3, esp. vv. 8-13).
- Support the overall vision of North Platte Berean Church, becoming an NPBC partner as soon as possible. (See npberean.org/what-we-believe for our beliefs and npberean.org/partnership for partnership details.)
- Connect and collaborate with all other ministry areas, especially the NextGen team.
- Seek to live at peace with all people and commit to being a functioning member of a healthy staff team.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Bible and a desire to pass that on to the next generation.
- Demonstrate a genuine love for and maintain a good rapport with kids and their families.
- Be sensitive to needs and pressures of children and families in current culture.
- Recruit, inspire, equip, and disciple NextGen staff and volunteers.
- Be in good physical and mental health.
- Be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
- Possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Reports to: Pastor (executive)
- Serves: Kids Connect volunteer leaders (Coaches, Small Group Leaders, etc.); children and their parents/guardians/families, along with other members of the next generation (through collaboration within our NextGen ministry)
- Supported by: Administrative Assistant
- Total package: $51,345 - $53,760 (TBD based on experience and education) – includes salary, retirement, and ministry expense account
- PTO: holidays (7), vacation days (10 the first year, increasing with longevity), and sick days (10 each year; unused days carry over, up to a total of 30)
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, résumé, and references to Becky Hasenauer at [email protected].