NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF MISSION AND SPIRITUALITY
Boys Town is looking for a leader with a passion for ministering to youth and families and a devotion to our mission!
Our National Director of Mission and Spirituality will lead the spiritual programs for Father Flanagan’s Home for Boys, the Omaha based community, and ensure the mission is advanced in Boys Town’s other locations. This position reports to the CEO of Boys town ensuring all spiritual programs align with organizational objectives and the annual goals as approved by the National Board of Trustees.
ABOUT BOYS TOWN:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. Boys Town provides a wide array of programs organized around a continuum of preventative, primary, specialty and restorative services, so youth and families can begin services at any point and move to other levels, depending on their progress or needs.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Serves as a spiritual leader for children of all faiths in Boys Town's care and assures that the religious and moral training is in line with traditional Judeo-Christian faith and moral practices. Upholds Father Flanagan's policy: "Every boy (and girl) must learn to pray. How they pray is up to them".
· Serves as a primary intervention agent for troubled boys and girls at Boys Town and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Serves as Pastor for Immaculate Conception Parish at Dowd Chapel, a parish within the Archdiocese of Omaha, offering daily and weekend services.
· Embodies and demonstrates the Mission, Vision and Values of Boys Town.
· Supports Development as directed in managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects as well as identifying new prospects to obtain funds for the organization.
· Supports Marketing when called upon to speak for the organization at employee events, to the media, or with high profile guests who visit campus.
· Supports the Advocacy Department as directed by meeting periodically with national policy makers and legislators at local, state, and national levels to create an atmosphere of understanding and support for Boys Town programs. Priority given to working with local, state, and national legislators from sites where Boys Town has programs operating.
· Supports the Village General Counsel as directed by the CEO with matters related to the Board of the Village of Boys Town
· Provides feedback on issues that assist in consistent quality of outcomes.
· Collaborates with other executives to ensure cross-functional goals are achieved.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
· Catholic priest in good standing.
· Experience working with troubled youth.
· Ability to relate well with Boys Town youth, patients, and families.
· Ability to speak publicly.
· Demonstrated integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with a passion for the organization.
· Strong conflict management skills to align all facets of the organization to serve the mission and to deal with difficult problems and challenges.
· Written and oral communication skills, comfortable with public speaking.
· Accessible and approachable demeanor that respects diversity.
· Available to travel and reside on Boys Town campus
Join our dedicated team and make a lasting impact on the lives of youth in need. Please send all inquiries to [email protected].
Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Come make a difference in the lives of children and families as our National Director of Mission and Spirituality! This is a key position overseeing Boys Town’s spiritual programs.
Changing the way America cares for children and families.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Rocky River United Methodist Church
Part-time | Rocky River, Ohio
Rocky River, Ohio
Living Waters Christian Fellowship
Full-time | Waverly, Minnesota
Bay Area Community Church
Part-time | Annapolis, Maryland