DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP ARTS JOB DESCRIPTION Revised 7.13.21
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
· Responsible for planning, directing, development, and performance of the ministry of Worship Arts at Eden Church. Selecting Christian music for the congregation, weekly planning, rehearsing, and leading of Sunday Worship in conjunction with the Senior Pastor. Directing rehearsals and performances of choral, instrumental, drama or other worship arts in both traditional and contemporary styles and fulfilling the current needs of the church’s ministry goals. Gathering and developing Worship Arts volunteers. Responsible for management of Worship Arts Media Team.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Profess a Christian faith and continue to grow theologically.
· A bachelor’s degree in worship arts or equivalent experience preferred
· Be committed to the vision and mission of Eden Church
· Be honest, reliable, enthusiastic, self-disciplined and work collaboratively
· Submit to background and reference checks
· Knowledge of traditional, contemporary worship styles and traditions
· Knowledge of vocal and instrumental training, techniques and performance
· Timely and consistent attendance, and evening availability for rehearsals and committee meetings
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Plan liturgy for all worship services in conjunction with Senior Pastor
· Communicate rehearsal and worship schedule using Planning Center Online
· Works collaboratively with Worship Arts Committee and perform special events
· Acquire, select, and arrange music that compliments the abilities of the congregation and supports the style and theme of the service
· Maintain and grow volunteer participation in Worship Arts ministry
o Active Worship Arts Ministries at Eden Church:
§ Chancel Bells: September through May at traditional/combined service – plays 1 time a month
§ Eden Choir: September through May – sings 2-3 times a month
§ Praise Band: Year-Round – plays weekly.
· Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to run digital presentations and produce digital media for worship services
· Provide opportunities for kids to sing
· Submit annual budget for Worship Arts ministry as needed
ACCOUNTABILITY AND EXPECTATIONS:
· Supports, is supervised by, and receives guidance from the Senior Pastor
· Work collaboratively with Senior Pastor and other members of the Church staff
· Will be evaluated regularly by Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee
· Participates in weekly staff meetings and attends other meetings in regard to liaison responsibilities
· Staff liaison responsible to Worship Arts Committee
Hours: 16-40 hours depending on agreed upon responsibilities.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
*****Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Eden Church of Edwardsville is a protestant non-denominational church with a 150+ year history of serving our local community and the Lord. We are grounded in the beliefs of historic Christianity. We seek to live out those beliefs in the modern world, serving our neighbors and leading others to faith in Christ.
First Christian Church Wilmington, IL | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Wilmington, Illinois
St. Mark Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Part-time | Lindenhurst, Illinois
St. John's United Church of Christ | United Church of Christ
Part-time | Mokena, Illinois
First United Methodist Church of Peoria | United Methodist
Full-time | Peoria, Illinois
First Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Part-time | GLEN ELLYN, Illinois
GLEN ELLYN, Illinois
Palm West Community Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Sun City West, Arizona
Sun City West, Arizona