Petra Bible Fellowship in Paphos, Cyprus, seeks an Associate Pastor who has a heart for pastoring international congregations and is willing to live as a missionary pastor.
The Associate Pastor is gifted for and called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and missions both personally and at the ministry level within a multi-generational congregational setting. He has a passion for the Word of God and desire to proclaim the Word of God with conviction and confidence, always moving the congregation towards taking consistent spiritual steps. He is missions-minded and will lead the congregation to serve both locally and globally. The Associate Pastor casts a vision for the ministries under his direction. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the Gospel boldly from the pulpit, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
· Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision-casting and leadership of the church, including preparation for weekend services
· Preach regulargly and be prepared to be an emergency back-up speaker
· Know the congregation by showing intentional interest in them
· Visit members in the hospital, care facilities, and homes
· Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families
· Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and on a short-term basis
· Lead weekly Bible studies
· Encourage, challenge and hold fellow believers accountable to their walk with God both at an individual and group level
· Possess the personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting
· Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in a work environment as well as in a home/family setting
· Evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship)
· Doctrinally aligned with Petra Bible Fellowship’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values
· Engaging, experienced teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the Scriptures
· Knowledge and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus and to disciple new believers
· Seminary/Graduate Degree with emphasis in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Discipleship, Education or Church Leadership
· Minimum of three years of pastoral experience as an Associate or Youth Pastor
· Fluent in English
· Fluent in modern, spoken Greek a plus
Petra Bible Fellowship
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the infallible,
all-sufficient guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine.
(1 Thess. 2:13, 2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet. 1:21)
We believe in one God who is manifested in three persons:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
(Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14, Phil. 2:6)
We believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Is. 7:14, Matt. 1:23)
We believe in salvation by the grace of God, through faith in Christ Jesus who died for our sin, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and through His shed blood we have redemption.
(Ro. 10:8-15, 1 Cor. 15:3-4, Tit. 2:11, 3:5-7)
We believe in the new birth through faith in Jesus Christ.
(John 3:3-5, 2 Cor. 7:10, 1 John 5:1, 12)
We believe that baptism in water is a direct commandment of our Lord Jesus for believers only. This ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ
in his death, burial and resurrection.
(Matt. 28:19, Acts 10:47-48, Rom. 6:3-4)
We believe in the return of our Lord Jesus according to the Word of God.
(Matt. 26:24, Luke 21:27, Acts 1:10-11, Heb. 9:28)
We believe in the resurrection of the dead at the Day of Judgement.
(Matt. 25:31-46, 2 Cor. 5:10, Heb. 9:27, 2 Pet. 2:9)
The Big Picture
Petra Bible Fellowship is a multi-generational international church in Cyprus seeking an Associate Pastor who is gifted and called to serve the Body of Christ by making disciples, preaching the Word of God, evangelizing the lost and eventually succeeding the Senior Pastor.
Petra Bible Fellowship is a healthy evangelical community of believers established ten years ago. We are a growing congregation of 70 filled with various ages. Members are a mix of British, South African, American, Eastern European and Cypriot. Currently we rent our own space and have even been blessed to see the youth growing in numbers, as well as the children. Paphos is a small, safe, pleasant seaside town with good schools and medicals facilities. Cost of living is moderate.
We are searching for an Associate Pastor to come alongside our Senior Pastor and begin to take over duties for a healthy succession. The candidate would be involved, along with the Senior Pastor, in vision casting, preaching, pastoral care, counseling and teaching Bible studies. This is a missionary supported role, as the church does not have the funds to pay a pastor.
The Associate Pastor must aim to meet the Biblical qualifications of an elder stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He must be able to walk with the Lord privately, with his family and able to genuinely and visibly engage with God as he leads others. Doctrinal alignment with Petra Bible Fellowship’s Statement of Faith, mission and core values are essential. A Master’s degree is preferred along with three years of pastoral experience as an Associate or Youth Pastor. Fluent in English with a fluency in modern spoken Greek a plus. We are looking for a team player and self-starter who can collaborate with the Senior pastor in order to continue the health of Petra Bible Fellowship.
Please look over the job description. Along with your resume please respond to the following:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Petra Bible Fellowship?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate
Pastor at Petra Bible Fellowship (Please include the details of your missionary support raising plan).
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology.
Centre Union Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Yeagertown, Pennsylvania
Mosaic Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
South Lebanon Community Church | Aaron Hur Group | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Bunkertown Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | McAlisterville, Pennsylvania
Coventry Church of the Brethren | Brethren
Full-time | Kenilworth, Pennsylvania
North Christian Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cheyenne, Wyoming