Student Pastor Overview
The Student Pastor has the privilege of developing the vision, strategy and programming used for helping prepare and lead Middle School and High School students to courageously follow Jesus from the context of a local church family. This person will also strive to create a compelling ministry environment that attracts single adults in the 18-25 year old age range.
Teaching | The Student Pastor will also be an active member of the Sunday morning speaking team.
General Job Description
- Model for students the importance of Sunday worship as part of your personal rhythm of following Jesus with the church family.
- Engage a ministry community where there is a relevant exchange of ideas and input to sharpen creativity and expand skill base.
- Develop and sustain a ministry strategy built off the Mission/Vision/Values of Mid Atlantic Community Church (MACC).
- Engage in the local middle school and high school and build a relationship to serve/support and minister to students
- Work closely with the local Fellowship of Christian Athletes in serving and speaking.
- Leadership Development | Recruit, disciple, equip and empower leaders (both adults and students) to provide effective leadership for student ministries.
- Local/Global Include specific opportunities where students can engage missionally within MACC, the region, and around the world.
- Communication Ensure students, parents, and the church family are aware and well-informed on Student Ministries. Provide frequent and consistent info and encouragement for the ministry.
- Program: Establish and maintain a well-planned and balanced annual program that directs youth ministry in concert with the other ministries of the church, which includes budgeting, strategic planning, and goal setting annually.
- Relationships Be the public/leadership face for student ministries as well as being acquainted with the personal lives of students, student leaders, and other key leaders in the church family.
- Create a compelling ministry environment that attracts single adults in the 18-30 year old age range.
- Develop and oversee young adult small groups and young adult leaders.
- Create a young adult culture where engagement and service in the larger church family is the norm.
- Lead single adults in living out their faith outside the church inside the marketplace and on campus.
- Challenge, inspire, and equip young adults to reach their generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Must have Biblical knowledge and be theologically sound and in agreement with the MACC statement of beliefs.
- Experience in leading and preaching.
- A passion and drive to reach students for Christ.
- A team mindset and is concerned with the church’s overall well-being.
- Spiritual maturity and character consistent with biblical leadership
- A relational leader who values fun and doing life with students and their families.
- A self-motivated leader, loving life on a team without the need for micromanagement
- The ability to recruit, develop, and lead teams of volunteers
- Agree with and embrace the culture, vision and doctrinal statement of the MACC
- Strategize an overall plan for student outreach and discipleship
- Create an environment where students feel safe, loved and valued
- Recruit, train and empower volunteers through a relational ministry model
- Work in conjunction with the MACC Kids Ministry director to transition students into the Student ministry
- Have a passion for utilizing social media platforms to increase ministry and promote the gospel
- Maintain healthy professional peer relationships within the staff team
- Help connect students and young adults with service opportunities in the church
- Identify student leaders and help to mentor them
- Encourage students and young adults to be regularly attend and serve in Sunday morning services
- Plan off-campus and outreach activities
- Oversee an annual student and young adult ministry budget