Is the Lord calling you to pastor a small suburban church with potential for growth near a large city? Organized in 1940, Grace Chapel Church is a small, non-denominational, evangelical community church in Lexington County, South Carolina, less than 10 minutes from the capital city of Columbia. With a regular attendance of 110 pre-Covid, we currently have about 70-80 people attending in person. We are also live streaming our services, streaming on Facebook and sending our messages on an FM signal to our parking lot. We are a loving/caring family with a heart for missions. We are financially stable, with no outstanding debt and great facilities. We are seeking a man of prayer who is called by God to preach the entire word of God, who has a heart for his flock, and who will lead us in spiritual growth and outreach into our community.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate is a man of God who has a Seminary degree and 5-15 years of experience preaching and teaching God’s Word as a pastor; however, we are not limited to the above education and experience if the Lord is leading you to apply. The selected candidate must be willing to affirm the Church Principles of Faith as stated in the Church Constitution – Article III.
Job Description: This is a full-time salaried position. Primary duties include preaching and teaching (60%), shepherding (20%), and leadership/administration (20%); however, these percentages will fluctuate.
• Plan and lead the various worship services of the church, to include Sunday morning worship, Sunday evening worship, Wednesday prayer/Bible study, and special services (i.e., Communion, Christmas Eve, Easter, Weddings, and Funerals), as applicable. In coordination with the Worship Team Leader, ensure services are well prepared, honoring to the Lord, and in a form that is most suitable to our congregation.
• Perform premarital counseling and other limited counseling where appropriate.
• Visit and minister to the shut in and sick at home and in the hospital.
• Teach from the Bible, decide sermon topics and set the sermon schedule.
• Study in order to prepare for improvement in preaching, counseling, teaching, and administration.
• Participate in and support church volunteers in the Christian education of all ages, including Sunday School classes, youth functions, and adult education.
• Need to be flexible (having a greatly flexible time schedule) concerning pastoral duties (i.e., pastoral care hospital and home visits, weddings, funerals, etc.) that may conflict with personal time.
• Represent the church in local events and ministerial relationships.
• Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and social outreach in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
• Serve as a participating member of the Deacon Ministry Team; Serve in an advisory capacity to theManagement Board; Serve as an active participating member of the Equipping Service Ministry Team; Serve as an active participating member of the Nominating Committee (as outlined in the Church Bylaws).
• Work with church officers, teams, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
• Train and lead the deacons in their ministry.
• Communicate with the church congregation by contributing pertinent information for the church website, newsletter, callouts, etc.
Pastor Function: (based on the church bylaws)
• The Pastor shall be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology, and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader. (I Timothy 3:1-7, 4:6-7, 5:17)
• The Pastor shall be called to lead the Church to understand, embrace, and accomplish
o the principles of faith as stated in the Church constitution,
o its vision, and
o its mission as defined in the Grace Chapel Mission Statement: worship/adoration, discipleship, fellowship/prayer, ministry, and evangelism/missions.
• The Pastor leads the Church through his primary Biblical roles of overseer, evangelist, shepherd, preacher/teacher, and equipper.
• The Pastor, under God, shall exercise control of the pulpit ministry in concurrence with the Deacon Ministry Team.
Compensation: Salary will be $40,000 - $60,000, including benefits, commensurate with education and experience.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and biblical doctrinal statement to [email protected]
East Side Baptist Church
St. John's United Methodist Church
St. Andrew's City Church
Journey Evangelical Church
First Baptist Church
Mountain Park Church
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan