Director of Local Missions (Mission DMV)
Fourth Presbyterian Church, Bethesda, MD 20816
Apply to [email protected]
Fourth Presbyterian Church (Fourth) is seeking a Director of Local Missions. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. Fourth is a congregation of 1,400 members.
One of Fourth’s Core Values is Neighbor Loving Service. We are seeking to expand our outreach to the poor and broken in the Washington, DC area and help our congregation strengthen our service to the community. We are looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for helping those with great needs and the ability to build bridges between our church and local mission organizations in the DMV region (District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia).
Purpose of position:
To support the mission, vision, and ministry of Fourth by providing leadership in helping the church fulfill its commitment to serve the poor and broken of the Washington, DC area and implement the planning and execution of the church’s local missions objectives.
● Develop, in coordination with church leadership, a vision for local missions to include a strategy to meet our call to “go and do likewise”.
● Provide leadership and support for all local ministries.
● Develop and maintain a program which facilitates church congregants participating with organizations that serve the poor and broken.
● Strengthen the focus of local missions throughout the life of the church.
● Develop and implement annual ministry goals.
● Direct the day-to-day functions of the ministry.
● Coordinate with partner/non-partner organizations, individual ministries of Fourth, and members of Fourth congregation.
● Develop policies and procedures governing the implementation of ministry mission, vision, and plans in coordination with a committee.
● Expanding relationships with existing partner/non-partner organizations.
● Develop a new network of prospective partner/non-partner organizations.
● Develop working relationships with ministry staff, the supporting committees, and the various community groups of Fourth.
● Initiate contact with partner organizations to understand their needs and develop a church response.
● Coordinate with church education departments to equip the church to serve.
● Coordinate with the Mission DMV Committee Chair in recruiting, training, communications, and an annual conference.
● In coordination with the Mission DMV Committee Elder(s) develop, oversee, and manage the local missions budget.
● Five years experience directing nonprofit volunteer programs.
● Superior organizational skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities.
● Demonstrated experience working successfully with people of diverse backgrounds.
● Event planning experience.
● Member of an Evangelical Christian Church and willingness to sign the Fourth Statement of Faith (available upon request).
Interested candidates please submit the following to [email protected]:
● Statement of Faith
Fourth Presbyterian Church is an Evangelical Presbyterian Church in the Metropolitan DC area with a congregation of 1400 members. We embrace the Westminster Confession of Faith as our doctrinal standard. Fourth is committed to glorifying God by making disciples of Jesus Christ through community, worship, and neighbor loving service. We have a desire to help the poor and broken in our area and build bridges between our church and local missions organizations in the DMV area (District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia).
Camp Sonshine | Non-Denominational
Internship | Silver Spring, Maryland
Silver Spring, Maryland
Pacific House of Mission | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Wahiawa, Hawaii
YouthWorks | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Minneapolis, Minnesota
Child Evangelism Fellowship Gwinnet | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Suwanee, Georgia
Pais Movement | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Arlington, Texas