Job Title: Worship Pastor
Department: Worship Manager/Direct Report: Lead Pastor
Purpose of the Job:
- The role of the Worship Pastor is to serve the Senior Pastor in overseeing and coordinating the worship ministry at Believers Church of Sylvania (“BCSylvania”). The Worship Pastor takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture and character of the worship ministry and any full, part-time (“Staff”), BCSylvania Worship Dream Team, and other people or groups as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Expectations Desired:
- Minimum of 1 year of worship leading in a local church.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Teachable, self-motivated, able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel. (Pages, Numbers)
- Ability to learn and use Propresentor.
- Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online software.
- Ability to learn and use multi-track software (Prime, MultiTrack, Ableton)
- Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar.
- Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
- Model standards and expectations of leaders within Believers Church.
Complete Growth Track (Membership), Tithing, Lead a Grow Group
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Video Editing Experience (ie Premier, After Effects,)
- Graphic Design (ie photoshop, Adobe Suite)
- Audio \ PA System experience
- Social Media Management
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reports Directly to the Lead Pastor
- Worship Leader of all BCSylvania.
- Lead and manage the BCSylvania Worship Team.
- Plan and implement BCSylvania Worship projects and department goals.
- Recruit, train, and equip Worship Team members
- Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of “Pastor” at Believers Church to the best their ability.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pastoral Care
- Instrumentalist - BCSylvania services
- All other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Share the vision of BCSylvania to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Extent of Public Contact:
- Daily contact with members of BCSylvania Worship.
- BCSylvania Pastors and staff members.
- BCSylvania Worship Dream Team members.
- BCSylvania Audio | Lighting | Video Team members.
- The ability to drive their personal vehicle or a BCSylvania vehicle.
- Good vocal health.
- The ability to play an instrument. (Keys and\or guitar)
• Provide direct leadership, discipleship and management of the BCSylvania Worship Team.
Believers Church Employee Core Values
Love for God
- Intimacy – do you pray, read your Bible and fast regularly?
- Purity – Are you living a life of holiness, integrity and character?
- Anointing – Do you have a grace for the task you are performing?
Love for People
- Relationship – Are you building, maintaining and enjoying strong relationships?
- Influence – Are you developing a circle of influence?
- Teamwork – Do you put cooperation ahead of competition?
- Excellence – Do you demonstrate competence in your area?
- Productive – Are you setting goals, taking risks, going the extra mile?
- Frugal – Are you efficient with time and money?
- Servant – Are you considering others better than yourself?
- Fun/Enjoyable – Are you having fun? Are you fun to be with?
- Loyalty – Are you devoted to the call of God and to the church?