Houston Chinese Church (HCC) is a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, non-denominational evangelical church that has been ministering the gospel of Jesus Christ in Houston, TX since 1975. HCC has a rich history of church planting and a commitment to biblical teaching and a missional heart for the lost.
In 2011, a congregation of first-generation Chinese worshippers formed an extension campus in a fast-growing city south of Houston called Pearland. In 2020, we completed construction of a building for the Pearland campus. Currently, we conduct two worship services (Mandarin & English). There is one full-time staff (Mandarin Minister) and two part-time (Administrative Assistant & Children’s Ministry Intern). By 2024, HCC plans to launch the Pearland campus as an independent church plant.
At this time, Houston Chinese Church is looking for a full-time Youth Minister for its Pearland Campus. This individual should be passionate about youth ministry, particularly in a first-generation immigrant context. We hope this individual can grow into an English pastor role as the Lord continues to grow and develop the English ministry. By his grace, this individual will help us accomplish our vision to make God-loving and compassionate disciples of Jesus Christ among youth and their families.
Education: Undergraduate degree in 4-year college (preferred additional 2-year seminary degree)
Experience: 2+ years experience in Christian Education or Youth Ministry (volunteer or staff)
Language: Fluency in English required; knowledge of Mandarin language a plus
Relationship: Reports to the English Ministry Coordinator, expected to work closely with the Pearland ministry staff
1. Develop a team of lay leaders (Youth Ministry Team)
2. Provide leadership and oversight of the youth/English ministry
• Sunday English Service: Oversee preaching schedule and finding guest speakers; oversee serving planning and the administration of the ordinances; preach at least twice a month
• Friday Fellowship: Develop curriculum; lead weekly Friday fellowship activities (i.e. Bible study, devotion, discussion, games, etc.)
• Sunday School: Develop curriculum and regularly teach a class; coordinate a team of volunteer teachers
• Special events and retreats
3. Champion parents as disciple-makers and work with families in the discipleship of their youth
4. Create channels to connect youth with the whole church
5. Personally invest in students and student leaders
6. Work with Campus Leadership Team in setting and stewarding annual budget
For those interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to pastorsearch(at)hcchome(dot org)
We are a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, non-denominational evangelical church that has been ministering the gospel of Jesus Christ in Houston, Texas since 1975.
We are committed to making God-loving and compassionate disciples of Jesus Christ among all nations.
Lakeside Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Worthington, Minnesota
901 Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Millington, Tennessee
Valleydale Church | Baptist: SBC
Internship | Birmingham, Alabama
Promise Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Cleburne, Texas
Hope Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania