Director of Youth Ministries (7th-12th grade)
Salary Range - $52,000 - $62,000
· Provide ministerial leadership and organizational oversight of weekly youth group programming that is welcoming and nurtures faith formation.
· Build community within the youth group by establishing Life Groups, camps, retreats, and fellowship events.
· Encourage and equip youth to develop leadership as they serve and lead within the church and community (Ex: midweek children’s program, VBS, TPC Mission partnerships, outreach, and community events).
· Develop relationships with local schools becoming familiar with the needs of the youth and families in our community.
· Provide hands on mission trip opportunities where students can compassionately serve as they live out their faith responding to the needs of others.
· Recruit, develop and train adult volunteers to utilize their gifts as advisors, Life group leaders, teachers, and ministry partners. Provide support, supplies and lessons as needed.
· Build intentional relationships with youth and parents as we partner in encouraging and supporting families in building active relationships with Christ.
Educational Requirements: College degree and previous experience in Youth Ministries is required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· A follower and disciple of Jesus Christ, spiritually mature with a desire to continually learn and grow.
· Strong technology, communication, leadership and Biblically based teaching skills.
· Energetic, ability to motivate others.
· Comfortable meeting new people, excellent interpersonal skills with students and adults.
· Theological alignment in the Reformed tradition and a commitment to leading youth and families in the mission of TPC.
We are a small but dynamic church with a large children's and youth midweek program. We invite all people to build an active relationship with Jesus Christ. We seek to be Christ-Centered, Biblically Driven, offer Compassionate Service, Welcome families and Build Intentional Relationships. We Gather for Worship, We Grow in biblical community as we seek to be more like Jesus and reflect His love for the world. As a staff we collaborate, support and encourage each other and are blessed with a congregation that is incredibly supportive of Family Ministries.
Connections Community Church Irvine | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Internship | Irvine, California
La Crescenta Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Full-time | La Crescenta, California
La Crescenta, California
exo18 | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Fresno, California
Aldersgate United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Part-time | Tustin, California
First Presbyterian Church Bakersfield | Presbyterian
Full-time | Bakersfield, California