Northside Drive Baptist Church
Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Founded in 1952 in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta, Northside Drive Baptist Church (NDBC) is a congregation of approximately 350 members. It is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the Alliance of Baptists. At NDBC we try to live out the core values of being inclusive, inquiring, and involved. We believe God calls us into the Christian community with the challenge to discern and act upon the ongoing revelation of God in our time and place. We live out this vision by being a church rooted deeply in liturgical traditions, where intergen-erational friendships are valued, all members can be known by name, open-mindedness is the basis of spiritual formation, resources are shared generously, and where hands-on service is crucial to our own discipleship and the mission of Christ in the world. For more information visit the website at www.northsidedrive.org.
Northside Drive Baptist Church (NDBC) in Atlanta, Georgia, seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to staff its one-person church office.
• Greet visitors.
• Answer telephones, check church e-mails, and receive and open mail.
• Schedule use of church facilities and meeting rooms.
• Assist Senior Pastor with keeping church calendar of activities.
• Help with production of weekly worship bulletin, printing, and distribution.
• Produce the weekly online church newsletter
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of church environment and congregational life.
• Ability to communicate effectively, strategically plan, organize, and develop.
• Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
• Ability to work with church member volunteers.
• Strong technical skills in written and oral communication.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with church data bases --- ACS preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience of office management.
· Some knowledge of a church environment desirable.
· Lots of patience and empathy for those in need.
· Part-time, 20-25 hours/week, Monday through Thursday (in office) 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· Location: 3100 Northside Drive, NW, AtlantaGA 30305.
· Reports to Senior Pastor.
· Personal video explaining background and experience, unique qualifications for job, and what’s attractive about the NDBC job are welcome and encouraged.
· $20,0000-$25,000 negotiable, depending upon skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees. Northside Drive Baptist Church Leadership reserves the right to revise the position, its job functions, minimum qualifications and other aspects of the position in any way at any time.
Contact information: Karen Massey, [email protected]
Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Atlanta, Georgia
Linked UP Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Powder Springs, Georgia
Powder Springs, Georgia
Fork Shoals Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Pelzer, South Carolina
Pelzer, South Carolina
Lighthouse Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Westminster, California