The High School Pastor is passionate about students and wants to introduce them into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. This person will understand the importance of teamwork, discipleship, and providing leadership for the weekly student ministry at Hope Church. Overall responsibilities include participating with the student ministry team to strategically develop, organize, implement, and supervise student programs, activities, and events for high school students. This includes working with our middle school ministry to provide a unified vision for all student programming. The High School Pastor will work as part of a larger team (Family Ministries Pastor, Hope Students Lead Pastor, Students Small Group Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, and Ministry Resident/Intern).
HOPE is a church community that gathers together in Richmond, Virginia. We seek to offer experiences, relationships, and places where people can find life and purpose through Jesus Christ. We are a catalytic movement offering the Gospel to as many people as possible as creatively as necessary. Our community gathers together in person and on livestream for worship every Sunday. Services last around an hour and include a time of musical worship, prayer, and teaching. We follow Jesus together, because we were made for relationships. HOPE offers opportunities to meet people and find resources that will help you grow in your faith. God has called us to be part of something way bigger than ourselves. When we engage in serving, we are not only living out our calling, but we are changing lives within our community, city, and world.
HOPE provides a joyful work atmosphere in a team-oriented environment. Our staff is energized by working together toward a common goal. We place value on being Biblically engaging, owner operators, people-focused, kind, authentic, and doing what we do with excellence.
HOPE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including lactation, status as a veteran. As a religious institution, HOPE reserves the right to favorably consider employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion, as permitted by law.
Employees at HOPE are people who enthusiastically support the mission and vision of the church and are committed to compliance with HOPE’s religious beliefs, policies, and practices. They possess special aptitudes, skills and capacities required in their field of work. In recognition of the purpose of the Church, employees possess a cooperative spirit and cultivate the goodwill of their associates. They exhibit the desire and capacity to learn, to grow, and to improve.
The Hope Students team is a group of people who carry the vision and mission of HOPE to middle and high school students, offering the gospel to as many as possible, as creatively as necessary with a goal of discipleship.
● A weekly meeting with the Hope Student Ministry staff to plan, vision and execute
● Working with our Hope Students Small Group Coordinator to recruit, mobilize and train volunteers and high school students to engage and serve in Hope Student Ministry. This also involves a monthly volunteer staff meeting
● Develop a focus of ministry with high school students. Involves a weekly commitment to these students in a small group — This responsibility includes after-school contact work with students
● Develop worship teams, teaching and all supportive elements for a weekly high school ministry that will encourage growth and outreach
● Serve as one of the lead communicators for a weekly gathering for both middle and high school students
● Plan and direct all retreats, socials and outreach events for high school ministry
● Assist in all retreats, socials and outreach events for middle school
● Communicate effectively with parents and support them as parents
● Assist in all administrative support for Hope Student Ministry. This includes maintaining a student contact list, involvement in web site updates, using social media and developing brochures and flyers for events
● Develop a personal plan for spiritual formation and look for ways to engage and equip your team through conferences and training events
● A growing relationship with Jesus
● A passion for unreached, disengaged students
● Faithful to the mission of HOPE Church and a good team player who has a passion to see all students reached in both middle school and high school
● An ability to dream, vision and create a plan to reach more students on all high school campuses within the reach of HOPE Church
● Excellent communicator in both large and small group settings
● A relational leader with a natural connection to students along with the maturity to work with parents and volunteers
● A heart for discipleship and an ability to communicate a philosophy of ministry with discipleship at the core
● A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
● 3-4 years Full-Time student ministry staff (Young Life experience is a plus)
● Occasional noisy environments
● Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds
● Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
● Moving about to accomplish tasks
● Communicating with others to exchange information
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
● Sundays - 10:00a-12:30p; 2:30p-9:30p
● Monday - as needed
● Tuesday - 9:30a-4:00p
● Wednesday - 9:30a-4:00p
● Thursday - 9:30a-4:00p
● Friday - Off
● Saturday - Off
● One night per week: be onsite to oversee small groups at the Lodge
● As needed: Various weeknights to execute High School events
We are a church community that gathers together in Richmond, Virginia. We seek to offer experiences, relationships, and places where people can find life and purpose through Jesus Christ.
Purcellville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Purcellville, Virginia
Twin Oaks Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Ferrum, Virginia
New Bridge Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Sandston, Virginia
Hopeful Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Montpelier, Virginia
Fellowship Community Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Salem, Virginia
Woodland Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Part-time | Memphis, Tennessee