To further the mission of the Church by effectively providing leadership and discipleship for the Worship Ministry and the Student Ministry Worship Band in conjunction with Generations at the Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out the objectives of the Vision & Strategy Team and model a collaborative team mindset
- Model a collaborative team mindset
- Lead the Worship Department of the Campus
- Developing teams, worship services, and venues for all worship environments (Adults, College, Students…)
- In constant collaboration with Compassion’s other campuses
- Continue collaborating with the Central Worship Pastor for major events (NLLC, Praise Services, Journey, etc…) as time permits
- Develop the volunteer worship culture of the Campus
- Worship Department (vocalist, musicians, production, worship team, major events)
- Assist the Campus Pastor in overall evaluation of campus facilities and long-range planning
- Serves the Campus Pastor in such a way that humbly complements the Campus Pastor’s weaknesses and allows him to work within his strengths
- Working with the Generations to:
- Help recruit students to be a part of the Student Worship and Production Teams
- Train students and volunteer leaders of the Student Worship and Production Teams
- Scheduling…maintain data base…of Student Worship Band Members and Production Volunteers
- Disciple members of the Student Ministry Worship and Production Teams.
- Evaluate and work with Generations to create a welcoming Worship environment in Students Ministries.
Expectations & Conditions of Employment
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle as agreed upon in the Team Assumptions
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, and the Statement of Faith
- Supports and adheres to the policies and procedures found in the CCC Employee Handbook
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
- Experience: Three (3) - five (5) years leading contemporary, relevant worship, proven experience
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; a degree from an accredited Bible College with a major in biblical studies or related field preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having equivalent experience and demonstrated proficiency in the field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must exhibit a clear call to ministry. Must be able to effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned. The candidate should demonstrate excellent vocal skills, as well as excellence in leading worship while playing a musical instrument. Knowledgeable in music technology (Ableton). Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a proven team builder with a desire to support the larger team. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft and Google applications.