About the Position:
The Minister of Worship and Outreach will oversee all musical worship ministries at Shady Grove Baptist Church (SGBC). He will work under the Senior Pastor to oversee and coordinate all details pertaining to the worship services of SGBC. The Worship Pastor is a person who is creative in leading people to God, communicates direction in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision, and serves not solely as a worship pastor but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in the worship ministry. This is to be done specifically by planning, coordinating, and leading music in the worship service.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of SGBC.
- Skilled in vocal and some instrumentals is desired.
- Skilled in organization, administration, leadership development, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, and video.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed to enhance the worship/celebration experience.
- Seminary is preferred, undergraduate is required.
- Experience leading worship in a church setting.
- A pastor/shepherd's heart for the spiritual formation of those in the church family and the worship ministry.
- A team player with a positive attitude. Ability to grow a team and mentor staff and volunteers. Someone who wants to belong at SGBC.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Understanding and ability to work with and improve systems and processes within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and leading all aspects of musical worship for worship service (i.e choir, praise team, etc).
- Recruit and train all audio and visual personnel for worship every time SGBC gathers for worship.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the music ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Coordinate and communicate scheduling of activities and the related use of facilities as needed to minimize conflicts with other groups or events.
- Create musical opportunities for worship/service for those in our congregation with musical abilities.
- Responsible for participating in special musical worship events at SGBC.
Pastoral Care/ Outreach:
- To be the pastor of everyone involved in the worship ministry and take spiritual oversight over them.
- Be actively involved in sharing your faith.
- Assist in ongoing outreach in the community and schools.
Digital Ministry: (beneficial/desired but not necessary)
- Responsible for establishing and protecting the digital footprint of SGBC.
- Create, edit, publish and share consistent, relevant content (website, social media platforms, ministry videos) that creates meaningful moments of connection for our online community.
- Interaction with church family through social media postings of church events.
- Work with leadership to help develop, establish and maintain communications and outreach to the local church and surrounding communities.
- A Pastor’s heart to shepherd people
- Organized with a high work ethic
- Team player