FBC Prairie Grove, Arkansas is seeking to hire a full-time Adult Discipleship and Outreach Pastor to lead our evangelism and adult discipleship efforts. We are a medium size church (average 200 in attendance) that is committed to producing and releasing disciple-makers who know and treasure Christ. We are searching for someone who is passionate about evangelism and discipleship and will lead our people to follow Jesus, be changed by Him, and live on mission for Him.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate:
• Is a committed disciple of Jesus who is passionate about evangelism and discipleship.
• Is highly relational and relates well to others.
• Is a self-starter who is willing to work hard in ministry.
• Is a servant-leader who is committed to growing and developing other leaders.
• Is committed to equipping volunteers for the work of ministry.
• Understands the value of longevity in ministry and wants to build for the future.
• Has good organizational and communication skills.
• Is comfortable working with a team to accomplish ministry objectives.
• Has a track record of faithfulness to the local church.
• Has received a college degree and completed or is in the process of completing ministry/theological training. MDiv is preferred.
• Agrees with our mission, vision, core values and core beliefs (visit www.pgfirst.com for more information)
• Agrees with the BFM 2000, the historic Christian creeds (Apostles’, Nicene, Chalcedonian) and the 5 Solas of the Reformation.
• Be willing to relocate to within a reasonable distance of Prairie Grove.
Under the authority of the elders and the leadership of the Lead Pastor, the Adult Discipleship and Outreach Pastor will…
• Develop and oversee a comprehensive plan for adult Sunday School and Wednesday night classes that will contribute to the holistic discipleship of our people.
o Recruit and equip Sunday School and Wednesday night teachers.
o Ensure that teaching material is biblical and gospel-centered.
o Develop a teaching rotation for Sunday School teachers.
• Oversee Community Groups.
o Recruit and equip Community Group leaders.
o Develop healthy relationships with group leaders and ensure they are trained to succeed.
o Develop and implement a plan to train future Community Group leaders.
o Prepare weekly sermon-based discussion guides.
o Oversee annual Community Group sign ups.
• Oversee Discipleship Groups.
o Recruit and equip Discipleship Group leaders.
o Work with group leaders to ensure group health and future replication.
o Oversee annual formation of Discipleship Groups.
• Oversee Women’s Ministry.
o Work with and assist the Women’s Ministry Team to accomplish our discipleship objectives.
• Develop and oversee Men’s ministry.
o Develop and assist the Men’s Ministry Team to accomplish our discipleship objectives.
• Develop and oversee a comprehensive plan for community outreach.
o Lead and equip the church to engage the community through outreach initiatives.
o Lead church sponsored community outreach events.
o Promote and oversee partnerships with local schools.
o Collaborate with staff members on their outreach events.
o Coordinate national and international mission trips.
o Serve as the point person in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
o Preach on Sunday mornings as needed.
o Oversee the Welcome Team.
o Manage relationships with ministry/missions partners.
o Perform any other operational/administrative tasks assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Salary Range: $48-53K (depending on experience)
Benefits: Health Reimbursement Account and 5% church retirement contribution.
Prairie Grove is a growing community in Northwest Arkansas, just outside of Fayetteville and twenty minutes from the University of Arkansas campus. It has all the benefits of small-town rural living while still having access to a larger metro area and the opportunities associated with it. It’s a great place to raise a family, with excellent schools, affordable housing, a wide range of job opportunities, and beautiful scenery. For these reasons and more, many young families are moving to this area, which makes it a strategic location for someone who wants to make mature disciples of Jesus. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume, cover letter and recent photo to [email protected].
We are a medium size church that is committed to producing and releasing disciple-makers wo know and treasure Christ.
Cross Point Fellowship | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hurley, New York
Hurley, New York
Campbellsville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Campbellsville, Kentucky
Roswell Street Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Marietta, Georgia
Summit Life Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Issaquah, Washington