Purpose + Function
The Female Youth Resident will provide direct oversight, administration, and spiritual guidance for the Jr. High ministry of Purcellville Baptist Church, as well as assisting the Youth Director with the spiritual needs of female 6th – 12th grade students, under the guidance of the Discipleship Pastor.
Vision for the Ministry Residency Program
Purcellville Baptist Church (PBC) believes the role and the call of a leader of ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the Lord’s ministry in order to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13). To build this body of Christ is to invest in the worldwide Kingdom of God and the leaders of the rising generations.
The residency program will aim to provide hands on experience, ongoing training, and equip leaders for the Kingdom’s use for generations to come.
Reports to the Discipleship Pastor primarily and to the Youth Director as directed.
· Work with Youth Director and Discipleship Pastor to develop a team of volunteers to lead the Youth High ministry during all services on Sunday morning and Sunday evening.
· Create and implement curriculum that fits into the church-wide vision.
· Oversee the recruitment of the necessary staffing for the Youth ministry.
· Schedule teachers as required and perform the teaching to back up the volunteer teaching positions.
· Provide leadership and training for the various levels of staffing.
· Ensure adherence to all mandated child protection policies.
· Ensure facility and equipment is maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness.
· Partner with and support church-wide events related to discipleship.
· Play a main leadership role in annual ministry events.
· Attending and participating in staff meetings.
· Community ministry involvement.
· All other duties as assigned that further the mission and vision of Purcellville Baptist Church
· Pursuing Bachelors or Master’s degree in fields of ministry
· Previous experience as a volunteer within ministry
Qualification + Experience
· Be a female, committed to helping all people experience real life in Christ.
· Curriculum writing and teaching of material
· Communication skills in various formats (digital, social media, interpersonal, etc)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
· Critical Thinking
· Ability to monitor ministry under guidance of Discipleship Pastor
· Event coordination/planning
· Managing of volunteers (coaching, recruiting, training, scheduling, and ministry needs)
· Continual researching of other Jr. High Ministry programs
· Attending and participating in staff meetings
· Community ministry involvement
· Department ministry (at least 35 hours per week)
· Staff Meetings (2-3 hours per week)
· Leadership Bible Study (1 hour per week)
· Ability to monitor safety of students while in care to be aware of surroundings and to identify safety issues before and when they occur
· Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include providing CPR or contacting help.
· Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time while discipling, teaching, or waiting through a student event.
· Ability to communicate with students and parents
Salary Structure + Benefits
· Position is exempt for labor management purposes
· Full Time with Benefits
The duration of the position will be 12 months with an option of two additional 6 month extensions.
If you are interested in being a part of a team that will help create and implement a new curriculum and culture with the Jr. High community, please go to www.purbap.org/employment to fill out an application.
Grace Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Woodbridge, Virginia
Rocky Mount Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Rocky Mount, Virginia
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Hopeful Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Montpelier, Virginia
New Bridge Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Sandston, Virginia
Twin Oaks Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Ferrum, Virginia