Grace Baptist Church is seeking a new lead pastor to help direct the congregation with a biblical vision and strategy and to be the primary expositor in preaching God’s Word. The Lead Pastor will serve with the elders of the church to implement the vision, oversee the ministries, and pray for the congregation. The man called to this position will be responsible for leading the worship services of the church, overseeing the staff at GBC to help the congregation fulfill the above mission, and raising and equipping leaders to use their spiritual gifts in serving His church and Kingdom. The salary package for this position includes medical insurance compensation, retirement, and vacation.
· Meet the Biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with Biblical Studies
· Have at least 5 years experience as a pastor of a church overseeing staff or similar experience
· Candidate needs to be able to affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000*
· Must be team oriented in practicing his ministry
· Fully believe and support the mission of GBC to Love God, Love Others, and Reach the World
· Be able to provide vision and strategy and work with the elder team
· Be organized and able to oversee and delegate to staff and lay leaders
· Be able to develop and communicate the vision, strategy, and philosophy of the ministry with a passion for discipleship and missions
Grace Baptist Church is a fellowship of followers of Jesus Christ covenanted around the mission to Love God, Love Others, and Reach the World. We are located in Bakersfield, CA and our average Sunday worship service is 200 people. The church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and is an elder-led, congregationally-ruled church.
Dr. Andy Prince was the lead pastor at GBC for the last 16 years and is answering a call to become an Associational Mission Strategist in North Carolina where his children and extended family now all reside. The church desires to continue to be focused on reaching the unchurched in its community and glorifying God by seeing our congregation grow deeper in their love for God and one another. The church is very relational where members have close relationships built with intentionality through relational small groups.
Grace Baptist has recently had an influx of new young families post-pandemic and the church is positioned for solid growth spiritually and numerically. The church is debt free and has a gifted staff, a daily preschool ministry, an active children’s ministry, a growing youth ministry, and a unified elder and lay leadership team. The church loves to hear the Word of God be boldly preached and understands the importance of prayer. Our heartbeat as a church is to see the lost come to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
FPC Monrovia | Evangelical Covenant
Full-time | Monrovia, California
First Baptist Church Pelham | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Pelham, Alabama
FBC Venice | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Venice, Florida
Redeemer Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Rocky Mount, North Carolina