The Administrative Assistant will report to Senior Pastor.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team and help our church run as efficiently as possible by overseeing daily operations. An Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, keeping accurate financial records, providing support to staff and volunteers, and managing the church’s schedule of events. Ultimately, you will work with different staff and volunteer members to maintain and ensure efficient church operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Customer Service: Answer phone calls and disperse messages. Greet visitors. Communicate with appropriate vendor regarding any concerns on behalf of the church via phone, email or letter. Examples: IRS, CPAP, City Hall, copier company, bank, etc.
● Accounting: Pay monthly federal taxes and mail quarterly federal reports. Maintain QuickBooks, prepare checks and payroll for Treasurer. Renew corporation fees yearly. Renew tax exemption status. Mail 1099s/W2s when received from accountant. Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements. Produce monthly budget reports and quarterly reports for business meeting. Make timely payments to Guidestone for retirement and insurance purposes for Pastor.
● Administrative: Open, sort and file mail and email. Order supplies and distribute as directed by church staff/volunteers. Update duty list twice yearly for Deacons/Yokefellows. Prepare and publish weekly bulletin, sermon notes, and prayer list. Prepare monthly birthday cards for Pastor to sign. Send notices regarding meetings to Deacons, Yokefellows and Church Council members. Read and take minutes of quarterly business meetings.
● Maintenance: Sunday School rolls. Church membership records in Logos Membership program. Church key record. Office equipment. Filing cabinets and supply closet. Church calendar.
● Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed and those designated by Pastor.
Education, Skills, Characteristics
● High School Diploma or GED.
● Excellent computer skills and typing skills. Also, possesses the ability to use Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel, with the ability to learn other required programs (with training as needed).
● Familiarity with QuickBooks program.
● Experience in general administrative tasks.
● Pleasant phone manner, dependable, patient, timely, able to keep confidential and sensitive information, friendly, neat and organized, professional manner.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
● A growing Christian with a familiarity of church culture and Baptist doctrine.
● Aligns with the church mission and vision statement as well as our statement of beliefs.
Part-time (21 hours per week*).
Schedule: Tues, Wed, Thur; 9 am to 5 pm with 1 hour lunch*
*hours/schedule will rarely, but sometimes vary depending upon scheduled events & meetings
Salary and Benefits
$16,000 - $20,000 yearly (based upon experience & qualifications). Paid on a monthly basis. Salary is subject to normal withholding.
Two weeks paid vacation.
Holiday time off when church office is closed.
Christmas bonus (subject to yearly budget approval).
Professional development assistance.
Flexible sick time and leave for emergency issues
We are a small, but growing church in a fast-growing community. Our people love Jesus and love each other, this is truly a church that feels like a family, who wants to grow. We are taking steps forward in our outreach, discipleship, fellowship, worship, and other various ministries to accomplish our mission of engaging the community, evangelizing the lost, equipping the church, and expanding the Kingdom of God. Our vision is "To Know Christ and Make Him Known."
Downtown Baptist Orlando | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | ORLANDO, Florida
Fork Shoals Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Pelzer, South Carolina
Pelzer, South Carolina
Mount Moriah Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
Southern Calvert Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lusby, Maryland