Position Title: Associate/Young Adults Pastor
Employer: Risen King Community Church, Sparks, NV, a Christian, non-denominational fellowship
Type: Full Time
Salary and Benefits
Starting Salary: $65,000 annually; we follow IRS guidelines allowing Pastors to designate a portion of their salary towards a non-taxable housing allowance.
Benefits: Medical insurance and relocation assistance.
General Position Description
As a loving and growing church family in a new and growing community, dedicated to expository Bible teaching, we’re seeking an associate pastor who will reach and minister to young adults and their families without excluding ministry to others. The position may evolve into becoming the church’s senior pastor within four years. Our church vision is to share God’s Love with Jesus’ heart and God’s Word. As a result, any Pastor at Risen King must be able to clearly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers and follow-up and establish them in their faith, the Word of God and the church family while equipping them for service to other believers. Associate/Young Adults Pastor reports to Senior Pastor and elders.
Education / Experience Level Requirements
· College degree
· Seminary degree preferred, though not required, or equivalent on-the-job training/experience.
· Experience in leading and facilitating small groups (youth groups, Bible studies, prayer groups, etc.) and developing and operating community outreach programs to continue growing our church family.
· Demonstrable knowledge of, devotion to, and ability to preach and teach the Bible (God’s Word), with an emphasis on verse-by-verse teaching (II Timothy 2:15; 3:16—4:5).
· Ability to motivate Christ’s servants to meet various needs in the church and surrounding community.
· Skilled in using social media platforms to engage casual attendees and our regular congregation with the goal of moving people to a closer relationship with Jesus and the church.
· Knowledgeable and skilled in interpreting and applying Scripture to personal life, counseling, teaching, leading, and equipping.
· Skilled in using various computer software (especially Windows 10, Microsoft 365, and Gmail) and willing to adapt quickly to new software.
Duties of The Associate/Young Adults Pastor:
· Express whole-hearted agreement with our beliefs found at: http://www.risenkingrenosparks.org under What We Believe.
· Specifically target adults for ministry who have graduated high school through those in their early 40's.
· Occasionally preach Sunday mornings as needed.
· Teach/facilitate/lead small groups on a regular basis.
· Nurture people and serve them as needed in weddings, baptisms, child dedications, communion, counseling,
hospital visitation, and funerals.
· Maintain qualification as an elder in accord with I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9.
· Become a member of Risen King Community Church as a condition of employment.
· Intentionally embrace the values of Christ by operating in humility (Philippians 2:3-8).
· Be committed to personal witnessing, discipling, personal devotional time, and fellowship.
· Continually assess the needs of young adults and partner with staff and leaders to develop ways to address those needs.
· Be a mentor and coach to further develop existing leaders.
· Plan and lead appropriate ministry to young adult pre-married couples, with the goal of preparing them for marriage as well as bringing them into our Christian community.
· Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Senior Pastor and church elders.
· Work 8-hour days (8-5 or 8:30-5:30) Monday-Thursday in the office and the community.
· Average 45 hours of work per week, including Sundays, and occasionally a very few hours on Saturdays.
Action Needed to Apply:
**A cover letter is required along with your resume, either in Word format (preferred) or as PDF documents, to: [email protected]
** In your cover letter, please explain why you feel you might be suited for this position, and please share your personal goals, interests, and what motivates you.
**If married, please tell us about your family.
A loving and growing church family in a new and growing community,
Discovery Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Newton, North Carolina
Newton, North Carolina
Emmaus Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Berryville, Virginia
Seneca Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Romulus, New York
Romulus, New York
North Christian Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cheyenne, Wyoming
North Oak Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Hays, Kansas