Here's what's happening at BSBC: our youth group has recently grown from 45 on Wednesday night to 90! Our children's ministry is bursting at the seams. Our Sunday morning attendance is up 40% from November 2022. God is moving among our people in a mighty way! We believe God is calling us to reach and baptize over 200 in the next five years. As this job posting is written, we have 18 that need to be baptized!
We are a rural congregation averaging 250 in attendance that has seen God turn things around. Because of that, we seek to impact our community in major ways. We are striving to find that leader whose job will be to elevate our worship ministry and lead our people deeper into the presence of God. Our mission is to make disciples who function out of a vibrant relationship with God. The worship leader will have a huge impact on that mission in our church. We have incredible vocalists and instrumentalists, but we need that leader to help tie all those parts together well.
The job description is standard, but the work is exciting!
1. Plan all services of worship in conjunction with the Pastor
2. Lead with strong vocal ability and effectively lead the congregation and fellow musicians to worship God through a variety of musical styles including but not limited to hymns, southern gospel, choruses, contemporary music, etc.
3. Plan, organize, and promote training and outreach for various worship ministries
4. Direct and coordinate the duties of all volunteers that play music and are in choir
5. Actively recruit new worship musicians and choir members
6. Coordinate Christ-exalting music for all worship services by choosing songs that will engage all generations and support the preaching of God’s Word
7. Communicate regularly with the sound/video team concerning songs for projection and worship order.
8. Follow CCLI and music copyright laws
9. Maintain the music library, musical instruments, and other music related equipment
10. Get song selections to the Video Team by Tuesday of each week.
11. Prepare and administer all music related budgets
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor
Blue Springs is located on a major road in Grainger Co, TN. The area's population has changed as people moved to live on the lake or own a small farm. The current pastor has served the church for almost six years and has placed the focus on the outreach of young families with kids. Because of that focus, the average age of the church attendee has dramatically lowered during his tenure. Current membership has moved from Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York, Connecticut, Florida, and more. This shows the growing diversity and abundance of spiritual gifts being brought into the body.
There has been a 40% increase in Sunday attendance in the past four months. Sunday School attendance has grown by 50% too. The current attendees are hungry for leadership and worship. The first Sunday in March proved that as the church sang so loud, the worship leaders had a difficult time not becoming emotional. The student ministry is also becoming more involved in the Sunday morning gathering, hoping to have them regularly participate in the selection of songs and singing on stage too.
The things mentioned are all exciting, but we know this season of ministry is a time of transition in the church. We are growing toward God's will for the congregation, and we need a leader who isn't afraid to lead through a season of transition. That leader needs to be able to build relationships and develop a clear plan alongside the pastor for how to lead the church before God every week.
Brook Hollow Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Nashville, Tennessee
First Baptist Church Madisonville | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Madisonville, Tennessee
Central Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Johnson City, Tennessee
Johnson City, Tennessee
Life Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cookeville, Tennessee
Renovación church | Baptist
Part-time | Nashville, Tennessee