CenterPoint Church is looking for a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a video storyteller and editor for our growing multi-campus.
This person will help communicate the vision and values of CenterPoint Church through compelling videos. Our vision is to give everyone on Long Island multiple opportunities to hear and respond to the gospel, and we believe this position has a big part in making that happen.
This position can be part time on site as staff, or freelance on site / remote with consistent weekly projects. There is a strong possibility of transitioning to full time for the right candidate.
- Communicate and further the vision and values of CenterPoint Church through video - includes filming, editing, color correcting, and animating video
- Proactively film worship, messages, major events, and annual activities within the church
- Seek out God stories and avenues in which those may occur; work with other ministries to surface and capture life-change stories
- Valued member of creative team; consistently contributes creative ideas for video and other initiatives that further ministry goals and priorities; attend creative team meetings and others as required
- Provide video support for ministries as required including testimonies, ministry highlights, or announcements for worship services, web, or social media.
- Participate in storyboarding process with ministries to support overall communication strategies and plans
- Capture b-roll at various church-wide events or events off-campus that support or relate to the ministry of CenterPoint Church
- Ability to capture still images on occasion as needed is a bonus
- Any other task assigned by the Video Producer or Creative Director
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Highly relational with an ability to “pull” good stories out of people that translates into video – be an effective storyteller
- Ability to communicate informational/promotional messages in a creative and compelling way
- Ability to remain humble and flexible in the creative process; willingness to sacrifice artistic ambition in consideration of content, time restraints, and maintaining clarity for all audiences
- Ability to work in a complex, multifunctional environment with multiple projects running simultaneously
- Ability to “switch gears” on short notice and embrace flexibility when priorities shift
- Ability to translate spiritual concepts into visual representations
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in film/video making (directing, editing, etc.)
- Film portfolio available online
- Skilled in use or applicable software such as Apple Final Cut Studio, Apple Motion and/or After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, frame.io etc
- Must be familiar or able to learn video compression and conversion processes for web optimization
- Must have a passion for video and learning new technologies, techniques, and visual styles
- 3D Animation, Motion Graphic experience a plus but not required
- Video editing and animation proficiency (Adobe Creative Cloud) a plus, but not required
SKILLS WE WANT TO SEE:
- You’re passionate about the Gospel and Jesus.
- You are active in your local church. You are passionate and motivated to build the local church. You believe the church is God's plan for bringing hope to the world.
- You’re a creative at heart.
- You have an understanding of quality design aesthetics and current trends. You can take what people are thinking, and bring it to screens in ways that inspire.
- You’re confident in what you stand for.
- You are self-motivated. You don’t wait for permission to fix a problem. You are gritty. We are a hard-working staff willing to go to any length for a mission we believe in.
- You’re not fun to take to the movies.
- You know film - what makes a good one and a bad one. You analyze the script, the technique, and the details most don’t notice. And your friends will actually watch the movies you recommend.