This full-time staff member will oversee the children and youth ministries and will mobilize the congregation for local evangelism and service.
- Believer: A born-again believer in Jesus Christ
- Member: A member of Three Rivers Grace Church (3RG), or pursuing membership upon hire
- Character: Meeting the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2
- Servant: Demonstrated attitude of humility and willingness to work hard at completing assigned tasks
- Team Player: Willing to work in cooperation with elders, deacons, ministry leaders and volunteers in all facets of church life
- Education: Seminary degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years vocational ministry experience preferred
- Leadership: Effective in recruiting, training, encouraging and motivating volunteers
- Teaching: Passionately and clearly shares the Gospel and expounds God’s Word for various age groups and in various settings
- Creativity: Enjoys dreaming of new and helpful ways to carry out the church’s mission
- Clear Communicator: Able to convey plans and cast vision, both verbally and in written form
- Planner: Ability to look at the big picture, see the end goals, and develop and implement a plan for fulfilling ministry objectives with a predetermined time schedule
- Youth Discipleship: Lead a weekly youth gathering to disciple middle school and high school students
- Youth Fellowship: Lead regular events / outings to build friendships and community
- Youth Outreach: Organize events conducive to inviting those not yet connected to 3RG
- Sunday School: Provide oversight for children and youth Sunday School program, evaluating and organizing curriculum, training Sunday School teachers and helpers
- VBS: Plan and run a summer program for children
- Family Discipleship: Cast vision and provide resources to encourage parents in the discipleship of their own children
- Serving Our Community: Develop ways 3RG can regularly serve others locally
- Evangelism Training: Equip, motivate, and mobilize 3RG to share the gospel with unbelievers
- Mission Partners: Develop and maintain mutually edifying relationships with local, national, and international mission partners
- Additional responsibilities possible, depending on progress regarding responsibilities and time available. Opportunities may arise to preach (possibly 3-5 times per year) and to occasionally lead the adult Sunday School class.
Organization, Reviews, and Compensation:
- The Minister of Students and Outreach (MSO) will serve under the supervision of the elders, directly reporting to the Lead Pastor.
- Performance reviews will be conducted and documented quarterly by the elder team and kept as part of 3RG Church records. At least 2 elders will participate in each review.
- The MSO will maintain a weekly log of hours worked, estimating roughly how many hours have been devoted to the various categories of ministry.
- Clarifications and/or revisions to the job description can be considered during the performance reviews or as requested by the MSO or the elders.
- Annual salary will be in the range of $50,000 - $60,000 (dependent on education and experience). In addition to the salary, the church will pay benefits for insurance and retirement.
- This will be a 3-year position, with possibility of extension. Compensation will be reviewed on an annual basis with adjustments considered as part of the following year’s budget process and implemented at the start of that following year.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to Pastor Ben Reaoch ([email protected]) no later than April 30th, 2023.