The Church at Godley Station
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations reports to the Senior Pastor and is responsible for directing the administrative, planning and business affairs of The Church at Godley Station as outlined by the Senior Pastor and Administrative Committee.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPPORT CHURCH LEADERSHIP:
• Support the Senior Pastor in accomplishing the church’s purpose through administrative tasks, ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning, leadership training and overall direction of the church staff.
• Assist the Administrative Committee in the daily task of supporting all ministry teams in fulfillment of their ministry goals as well as managing day to day operations for the entire organization.
• Be vigilant about the overall protection of the unity and mission of the church.
• Lead Business Office in the daily task of handling all business affairs of the church: including accounting for budgets, offerings, facility and staffing contracts, expenses and related items, as well as, consolidating and reporting attendance and other necessary statistical information.
• Help recruit and retain highly qualified staff.
• Engage in long range planning and vision casting in conjunction with the mission of the church.
• Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministries and support areas that support the healthy, longterm growth of the church.
• Lead the church’s building programs, including capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
• Lead Facilities Teams to ensure that all buildings and grounds are in the best possible condition at all times. This includes cleanliness and working condition inside and outside of the building.
• Lead Creative Teams in providing professional and efficient video / audio production during worship services and special events. This includes Live Worship broadcasting, sound and tech oversight and all things media related for the worship experience.
• Lead Personnel Teams in ensuring TC&GS has the best available quality of work life in the area. Including compensation and benefits packages, safety and opportunity.
• Provide oversight to Budget Advisory Council budget preparation and implementation.
• Provide oversight to Nominating Committee and placement of volunteer leaders.
• Oversee security and parking.
• Serve as direct supervisor to Office Manager/Assistant to Associate Pastors and support staff.
• Along with Senior Pastor lead staff oversight and training.
• Proven ability to be well organized and to manage people.
• Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
• Organized, creative and able to work with multiple projects efficiently.
• Must be a member of The Church of Godley Station
The following is a list of some of the primary expectations required for all employees of The Church at Godley Station.
• Employee shall exhibit a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
• Employee shall exercise confidentiality of all business of the church, including business strategies, financial information, personnel issues, member counseling, and other personal information.
• Employee shall exhibit professionalism at all times as demonstrated by personal appearance, conscientious work ethic, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Employee must adhere to the policies of the church.
• Employee shall be willing to take on new assignments as the need arises and in fact should seek out additional duties and responsibilities.
• Employee shall be organized, able to effectively prioritize, able to multi-task, able to exercise good judgment, and have the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Employee must be willing and able to occasionally work on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Director of Operations reports to the Senior Pastor and is responsible for directing the administrative, planning and business affairs of The Church of Godley Station as outlined by the Senior Pastor and Administrative Committee.
We are a southern Baptist church where NO One IS Perfect and everyone is welcomed.
Rocky Ford Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Rocky Ford, Georgia
Rocky Ford, Georgia
Ingleside Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Macon, Georgia
Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Duluth, Georgia
FREE POINT CHURCH | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Savannah, Georgia
Brainerd Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Chattanooga, Tennessee