JOB TITLE: Director of Youth Ministry
LOCATION: First United Methodist Church, Amite, Louisiana
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Seminary or Christian Education training or other related age level training in education. Experience preferred. Possess a Christ-like heart and passion for youth and their families. Ability to relate to Youth and their families. Knowledge of the Bible with the ability to relate Biblical stories and truths to today’s culture.
Serves in support of the Senior Pastor in directing all facets of Youth ministries and related ministries with their families. Provide experiences that develop Christian relationships with one another, teaching God’s Word with the intention of Youth developing closer relationships with Christ. Works with Church Council and church leaders to ensure the Youth ministry is spiritually guided and that the Youth and their families are properly nurtured.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan/develop/implement/ a comprehensive Youth program focusing on spiritual growth and Christian fellowship.
- Provide programs and opportunities for Youth to grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Reach out to the community and promote the offerings we have at Amite First United Methodist Church.
- Work with Youth Council and Adult Workers to coordinate and implement all events such as retreats, work camps, service projects, youth suppers, age appropriate games and activities.
- Recruit, train and encourage adults with children and all church members in supporting the Youth and their ministries.
- Develop events that provide interactive experiences that present opportunities for Youth to discuss and understand their faith.
- Provide Bible studies and teach Confirmation.
- Visit with Youth and their families regarding their needs and hopes. Seek parental involvement where applicable.
- Be available for “counseling” with Youth. Provide information to parents on a “need-to-know” basis adhering to safe sanctuary guidelines.
- Support Youth by attending extra-curricular activities such as sporting events/dance recitals/festivals, etc.
- Oversee the publication of all communications regarding Youth, including all social media, weekly newsletter formats and other promotional formats (posters, flyers, texting, etc.).
- Maintain an accurate list of Youth members and prospects, contact information and attendance records.
- Monitor Youth budget and funds account
- Provide Church Council with an overall plan for the Youth ministry, evaluations as to the success of the program and suggestions for improvement. Attend bi-monthly Staff and Church Council meeting.
First United Methodist Church is a long established church in the “county seat” town of Amite, Louisiana. The church is nestled among beautiful oak trees in a pleasant neighborhood just north of downtown. The Vision of our church is, “Becoming a God-centered church family by Inviting and Encouraging all to become Disciples of Jesus Christ; Reaching out to others, Serving as the hands and feet of God.” The church is known for its active Children’s Ministry with “God’s Gang” for 4th-6th grade, and “Vacation Bible School.” We’re also known for our popular Youth Ministry, which includes summer missions and trips, as well as weekly fellowship events. “Mother’s Morning Out” is our weekday program for preschool age. We are also known for our praise and worship with music ranging from the traditional to contemporary, including seasonal cantatas and contemporary style worship. Worship is vibrant and inspiring. Outreach is an important part of our church life, supporting various helping agencies and women’s centers, such as Women’s Life Ministries and the Southeast Louisiana Methodist Children’s Home. Our church is dynamic and generous, with a heart for Christ. We are a growing and vibrant family of faith with a membership of 368 and an average worship attendance of 110.
First Baptist Church of Ponchatoula | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Westside Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Natchitoches, Louisiana
North Acres Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Minden, Louisiana
Ellerbe Baptist | Anglican
Full-time | SHREVEPORT, Louisiana
Trinity Bible Church | Bible Church
Full-time | Lafayette, Louisiana