Hibernia Baptist Church is a church that loves Jesus and wants others to know Him in Northeast Florida. Come join an enthusiastic team who loves serving the Lord while building His Kingdom!
Position Overview: The Student Pastor is responsible for overseeing the ministries and office operations of the Student Ministry at Hibernia Baptist Church.
Reports Directly to: Associate Pastor of Families
- Affirm the Hibernia Baptist Church statements of belief and practices as codified in our organizational bylaws and detailed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Ability to meet the requirements for membership at Hibernia Baptist Church.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of an Elder as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a call to the ministry.
- Actively engaged in personal evangelism.
- Maintain a high standard of excellence and moral character.
- Professional and positive demeanor.
- Excellent attendance habits
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Record of consistent, high-level performance.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient in Planning Center Software
- Facilitate the weekly preaching and teaching for the midweek ministry to students.
- Receive and make ministry contacts including phone calls, text messages, and other communications.
- Promptly and professionally communicate with leadership, members, volunteers, and prospects.
- Manage church resources including supplies, equipment, budget, etc.
- Recruit, train, shepherd and engage volunteers in every aspect of student ministry.
- Oversee the biblical and theological content for the Bible Study Group ministry and midweek ministry aimed at students.
- Assist in the planning, promotion and execution of Student Ministry events, retreats, trips, etc.
- Provide pastoral counseling and support to students and their families.
- Create an environment of leadership reproduction among interns and volunteers.
- Lead and disciple a student leadership team with weekly meetings.
- Facilitate the discipleship of new believers in the student ministry.
- Be an active, prepared participant in required meetings.
- Maintain a reputation that is above reproach in conduct with students and their parents.
- Recruit and hire ministry assistant to perform administrative duties for the Student Ministry.
- All other duties as assigned by leadership.