Christ the King Church was planted 7 years ago in the heart of downtown Kenosha, a city of 100,000. We are a smaller church with a faithful membership of 125 men and women with another 125 people who consider CTKC their church home. We are seeking to make disciples of all people in our multicultural city. The elders are seeking a mature and experienced pastor to partner with the lead pastor to help shepherd Christ the King Church into a new season of effective and fruitful gospel ministry.
Christ The King Church is looking for a Godly man to lead worship and manage the youth program (6th through 12th grade). The primary role is to lead, organize and manage the worship team and program. A degree or emphasis in music is desirable. We are also looking for a man who has the ability to read music, demonstrate a high competence with at least 1 instrument, and has the experience in leading a worship team that serves our congregation in the worship of God. The secondary aspect of the role is to build and manage the youth program via a team of volunteers. As an Associate Pastor, he will preach 4-6 times a year.
This associate pastor will work in close partnership with the lead pastor to shepherd Christ the King Church in its week by week ministries to fulfill the mission entrusted to us by our Lord. This is an elder-track position.
1. The candidate must meet the qualifications for an elder laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7,
Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
2. The candidate must wholeheartedly embrace and be willing to defend CTKC’s
Statement of Faith.
3. The candidate must be sufficiently gifted and burdened to lead corporate worship and
have 2-5 years of pastoral experience in worship ministry.
4. The candidate must have a healthy and demonstrable history of serving on a team.
5. The candidate must be burdened and determined to be part of shepherding a diverse
people into one healthy and functioning church body that is actively fulfilling our
mission as a church.
1. Provide weekly pastoral leadership to our corporate worship on Sunday morning
○ Review and plan worship services at the weekly staff meeting that advance our
biblical values and edify the church in creative, culturally-informed ways.
○ Recruit, develop and unite a theologically driven worship team(s) that will rehearse
once a week and serve the church in the worship of God on Sunday
○ Provide leadership to the Audio/Visual teams to ensure a team of trained
volunteers who can serve the church with a consistent, high quality sound mix
and provide steady live-streaming options.
2. Provide leadership to CTKC’s youth ministry
○ Lead a team of relationally minded, disciple-making volunteers who are burdened
and equipped to make disciples of middle and high school students
○ Come alongside parents to equip them in their primary responsibility of raising
their children to fear the Lord.
○ Rebuild a youth ministry structure that includes one-on-one discipleship, small
groups, large groups and annual retreats and mission trips.
3. Provide general pastoral care
○ Preach 4-6 times a year
○ Teach in various contexts
○ Report to and participate in two elder meetings a month
○ Visit, evangelize, counsel and disciple
1. CTKC will pay a competitive salary based on a candidate’s education and
2. CTKC will also provide financial assistance to candidates seeking to pursue further
To begin the application process, contact Garreck Goldberg at [email protected] to request an application.
Epikos Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
City on a Hill | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Madison, Wisconsin
New Heights Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Oak City Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
Burke Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Burke, Virginia