The Associate Pastor of Life Enrichment Groups (LEGs) is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing small group ministry. This includes development and execution of both a physical and an online presence to undergird and to build a biblical community under the leadership of the Senior Pastor/Church’s vision. By leveraging all online platforms, the Associate Pastor will organize, lead, and connect people across the globe to engage their Christian faith. This will be accomplished through establishing smaller vibrant groups (online and offline), including house churches and Life Enrichment Groups (LEGs) and driving those groups to action that will glorify God and make a difference locally and globally. This position will engage believers who are connected to PASSAGE Family Church, in PASSAGE’s spiritual formation pathway so they become fully devoted followers of Christ who reach every home in their community and beyond. The Associate Pastor of LEGs is accountable to the Chief of Ministry Operations and serves on the PASSAGE Leadership Team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive Online Discipleship
· Oversee the weekend services for online church as well as all church experiences online.
· Identify and recruit group leaders. Provide ongoing leadership and coaching of group leaders.
· Lead a team in the development and growth of a strong small group ministry fostering community involvement and spiritual growth.
· Establish an ongoing curriculum development program.
· Serve as a member of PASSAGE Family Church’s leadership team with a focus on small group pastoral care.
· Implement and manage an annual departmental budget.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience / Job Qualifications:
The Associate Pastor of Life Enrichment Groups (LEGs) will be a sound leader with a calling to pastoral ministry. The individual should have five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a ministry leadership capacity. A Bachelor’s degree in Christian education or related field is highly preferred. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
Experience and Knowledge Required / Skills:
· Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
· Experience with a church membership management database is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and graphics software (e.g. Adobe InDesign) is preferred
· Proficiency in various social media platforms is essential.
· Experience training others in ministry activity and small group involvement.
· Experience with and the ability to engage diverse populations –generational, social, economic, and ethnic is desired
Physical and Other Requirements:
· Requires visual acuity and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
· Ability to talk/hear, communicate, detect, converse with, discern, covey, express oneself, exchange information
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the day.
· Must have safe and dependable transportation.
· Must maintain an active driver license with insurance on personal vehicle.
Bona Fide Occupational Requirements:
PASSAGE Ministries, Inc. is a religious non-profit organization that stands on our Statement of Faith, which is provided to staff and is posted for staff to review. Employees are expected to share the Christian faith with their co-workers and clients as appropriate, as well as live a Christian lifestyle during and after work hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. AS A church, PASSAGE Ministries, Inc. takes full advantage of the exemption for Title VII "religious discrimination" afforded to religious organizations. PASSAGE reserves all rights allowed by law to base employment action on the grounds of religious beliefs and doctrine.
PASSAGE is a literal reference to the Word of God. In a spiritual context, the term PASSAGE means “gateway to life”, which is by definition the “Word … See More
Anchor Church Palos | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Palos Heights, Illinois
Palos Heights, Illinois
902 Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Kinston, North Carolina
Kinston, North Carolina
Pathway Church | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Bridge Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Beach, Virginia