This position plays an essential role at Willow Glen Bible Church. The church administrator is responsible for the management of the church’s finances, daily operations, facilities, and administrative support through the administrative staff and the coordination of volunteers. The church administrator works in partnership with the pastoral staff to care for the church body and serve its ministry to the community. The position requires attention to detail in the areas of finances, insurance policies, benefits, taxes, and legal matters. It requires good team building skills to work with other staff and volunteers in managing church events, facilities, property management, communication, and administrative support for pastoral staff.
- Tracking, preparation, and reporting of Financial information:
• Oversee preparation and reporting of financial information, working with church accounting firm (Lenshaw) for federal and state tax filings, payroll, and benefits.
• Manage church bank accounts, tracking incoming and outgoing funds. Manage tracking of donors and purchasing activity of the church. Ensure there is financial accountability and integrity as recommended by auditing experts.
• Work with the Elder Board and staff on budgeting needs. Communicate critical financial information to the Board and staff. Work with Elder Salary committee to oversee staff compensation.
• Oversee the church’s insurance program (property and liability, workers’ compensation, medical, dental, life, vision, and AD&D) to meet the church’s needs while ensuring it is competitive and cost effective. Inform Elders and staff of any relevant legal or tax changes.
• Oversee the process of hiring new staff including the filing of applications, background checks, conformance to necessary state and federal employment laws and regulations. Review all policies, payroll, benefits, and expenses with existing staff and new staff as needed.
- Facilities and property management
• Oversee management of church facilities and work with volunteers, deacons, and elders for maintenance and/or improvements. Ensure the quality of work can meet the needs and demands of a large commercial property.
• Oversee and manage the facility staff lead and the church rental properties. Management of these positions includes the ability to hire or dismiss as needed with approval of the Elders. Ensure usage policies of church assets are written and communicated in a manner protecting the church from liability.
• Oversee administrative support staff for scheduling of on campus events and activities. Consideration must be made so that use of the facility is secure and safe through adherence to proper policies and procedures.
- Administrative Team: Communication and Coordination
• Oversee the administration team that provides support to staff which includes church communication, website and app management, coordination of volunteers, pastoral support for worship services and ministries, group meetings, and event coordination.
• Manage the church’s part-time administrate staff. This includes hiring or dismissal of administrative staff as needed and the determination of their responsibilities.
• Work with the staff team in the maintenance and updating of our database, website, social media, and other online content.
• Work with the staff and pastoral team to build and coordinate volunteer teams for various ministries and events.
- Ministry related participation and coordination
• Participate as needed in all staff meetings and pastoral meetings. Coordinate any meetings necessary for the cohesion of the administrative staff team.
• There may be some margin for the involvement and pursuit of ministries in accordance with the person’s gifting and passions.
- Must be a committed Christian who loves Jesus and his church
- Agreement with the Willow Glen Bible Church statement of faith, core values, and approach to ministry.
- Ability to retain confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong character and Christian integrity; can agree to our code of conduct - Strong administrative skills
- Successful candidate will commit to being a part of the Willow Glen Bible Church community.
- Ability to adapt to the changing situations and circumstances involving church ministry
- College graduate with a degree in business, finance, or equivalent experience - Prior personal business leadership or management experience
- Experience working with non-profits is a plus
- Detail oriented and we strongly prefer someone with financial management experience
- Experience in organizing and developing volunteer teams is a plus
- Successful ability to coordinate and manage staff to accomplish organizational objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player who is able to work well with people of varying skills and abilities.
- Strong computer skills, facility with Microsoft Office, familiarity with Quickbooks or similar applications a plus.
This is a 40 hour/week position with full benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Life Bible Fellowship | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Upland, California
New Venture Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Oceanside, California
Sunset Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | San Francisco, California
San Francisco, California
Congregational Church in South Glastonbury | United Church of Christ
Part-time | Glastonbury, California
Teen F.L.O.W. Youth Ministry | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Midland, Texas
Calvary Chapel Las Vegas | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada