CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
To apply: https://www.gcc-online.org/cmdjob-1
Specific Position Profile
In this season at Grace Community Church, within the Children's Ministry, we are eager for candidates to apply who find themselves in the descriptions provided. Candidates should clearly be able to demonstrate their giftedness and experience in these areas in a variety of ways.
- Leader of Leaders: The work of the ministry is best done as a team. We are looking for someone who can identify, raise up, and equip others to lead and serve in the ministry.
- Detail-Oriented: Children’s ministry is multifaceted and requires someone who has strong organizational skills, manages projects well, and is forward thinking in their approach.
- Communication Enthusiast: This position does not require a charismatic speaker, but a consistent communicator. We desire someone who will persistently communicate with a wide range of people, sharing vision and direction that inspires volunteers to serve excellently.
To provide leadership, vision and unity for all aspects of GraceKids. To equip volunteers as they guide children to love God, love and serve people and lead others to do the same. To champion the children’s ministry at Grace Community Church.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, supervise, and meet regularly with GraceKids team leaders. Develop relationships with leaders, knowing their needs and supporting their ministry work and personal walk with Christ.
- Use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of children in curriculum selection, discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Organize, set-up and stock rooms with necessary supplies. Manage use of technology and equipment (ie. check-in equipment, TVs and DVD players, etc.).
- Create and communicate policies for GraceKids ministries, including emergency plans, safety protocols and protection guidelines.
- Innovate and create new ministry initiatives as the Lord leads. Seek to continually grow and develop the GraceKids ministry.
- Plan for volunteer and leader appreciation throughout the year, including an annual appreciation event.
- Create, manage and evaluate the annual budget for GraceKids.
- Collaborate with the Pastor of Student Ministries to create cohesive ministry (birth through 12th grade).
- Attend weekly staff meetings to plan for and participate in church wide efforts.
- Pray regularly for ministry leaders, volunteers, children and events.
- Evidence of spiritual maturity through a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Be energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus with children and their families.
- Be a forward-thinker with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and interpersonal skills, including conflict management.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Have a servant-hearted passion for ministry.
- Possess some knowledge of child development and faith development, as well as educational practices.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Seek opportunities to grow professionally.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Google Docs.