The Facilities Manager is responsible for the operation of Faith Church campus facilities and equipment. The fundamental purpose of this position is to develop, implement and oversee the building maintenance and repair of Faith Church facilities and grounds. The manager is responsible for the preparation of the facility for ministry usage and quality of workmanship. Supervision is exercised over volunteers and outside contractors performing building maintenance work such as carpentry, landscaping, painting, plastering, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and mechanical equipment operation.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: This position is part-time at 15 hours per week to start.
REPORTS TO: Church Administrator
- Coordinates, plans, and completes the maintenance schedule.
- Develops, implements, and manages a 20-year building management plan.
- Oversees all maintenance and repair of Faith Church-owned buildings, equipment, vehicles, and grounds.
- Performs small repair jobs.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and inspects the work of volunteers or hired contractors.
- Estimates labor and material costs.
- Prepares specifications for special contract items.
- Inspects remodeling and repair work in progress for quality of workmanship and compliance with specifications.
- Coordinates work with other ministry departments.
- Serve as an emergency response overseer and responder for alarm notification calls and emergency situations.
- Supervises the maintenance of records and reports on work performed.
- Prepares budget estimates, makes recommendations to Church Administrator, and controls the expenditures.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless service to ministry leaders and members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Building maintenance and repair methods and requirements.
- Work operational systems, procedures, standards, and practices in various building tasks.
- Mechanical equipment, electrical, irrigation, HVAC, fire systems, and related preventive maintenance programs.
- Learn the City Building Code.
- Perform a broad range of repairs.
- Write cost estimates for building repair and minor building construction work.
- Work cooperatively with other Faith Church employees, members, and the general public.
- Observe or monitor objects or people's behavior to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Review or check the work product of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Desire to build positive and healthy relationships with volunteers and staff.
- Experience in facilities management, building maintenance, or related area.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Available during special events on evenings or weekends (i.e., weddings, community events, concerts).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching is expected.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 75 pounds.
If you believe this Jesus Ministry is for you, submit your resume to Faith Church at 2125 E. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85225.