To develop and nurture the ministries that support our congregants on the Discipleship Pathway as they pass through the crises or turning points of life.
To oversee and shepherd the Pastoral Care Ministry Staff and volunteer/lay leaders.
- Coordinate and manage the work of the Creekside Pastoral Care Ministry Department.
- Establish and manage ministry goals, objectives, policies, and budgets.
- Supervise the recruitment, training and encouragement of Pastoral Care staff and volunteers.
- Provide triage to those facing various crises and turning points, determining the extent of individual attention required and assigning the needs to various ministry leaders and counselors, or referral to Creekside Counseling Ministry, as is appropriate.
- Give oversight and guidance to the advancement and direction to Pastoral Care-related ministries including Senior Adults, Deacons, Marriage (events), Weddings/Funerals, and Counseling.
- Deacon ministry to include: Altar Care, Discipleship, Bereavement, Visitation, and Deacon on Watch
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and/or the Elder Board.
- Recruit, train, lead, supervise, coach and motivate the Pastoral Care Staff and Volunteers
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Creekside’s policies and procedures
Minimum Job Requirements
- Meet the biblical standards set forth in 1 Timothy 3:2-7, Titus 2:3-5, 1 Peter 5:2-3
- 5 years experience in various forms of Pastoral Care or related ministry.
- Applicable BS or BA degree. Seminary degree preferred.
- 5 years of pastoral, supervisory or team leadership experience
- Shepherds heart, love for others, listening/empathy, calm under crisis - Faithful to the core
- Ability to participate in the leadership of the spiritual growth of Creekside
- Ability to work independently, as a team leader and/or a team member
- Ability to delegate and supervise scalable team of staff and lay leaders/volunteers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (PowerPoint desired but not required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills