Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Department: Next Gen Ministry
The Worship Center Christian Church is making a lasting difference around the world by leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. We are one church in multiple locations, meeting in three locations and globally at TWC Online. We are a ministry that exists to Honor God; Unify Communities, and Build People.
At The Worship Center Christian Church (TWC), the ministry is at the heart of who we are and what we do. Fulfilling God's great commission through a spirit of excellence allows us to be a place where all people can connect and grow. Ministry happens beyond the walls of the church every day.
Purpose of the Job:
· The purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director is to disciple children (ages 6 months to grade 5), dream team members, and empower families to cultivate the Next Generation with their relationship with Christ.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
· BA/BS (M.Div. Preferred) – with min. 2 years of ministry-related experience
· Strong execution focus and attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, proactive, and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong Organizational and time management skills
· Highly developed communication skills; articulate verbally and in writing
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
· Works well with others and within a team
· Creative and innovative
· Leadership background and experience serving with children and families.
· Project management experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, implement and execute all aspects of TWC Kids ministry in the areas of spiritual development, worship, discipleship (for children and TWC Kids Dream Team Members), growth, mission, and outreach.
• Disciple children in developing their spiritual, and leadership skills.
• Be a liaison between TWC and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to TWC Kids and other ministries.
• Maintain, manage and monitor all TWC Kids programming (i.e Planning Center, KidsCheck, Church Metrics)
• Create, manage, monitor, and maintain the TWC Kids budget.
• Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: budget forecasting, purchasing, and departmental account tracking.
• Make yourself available to children in a variety of ways with supervision (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
• Ongoing contact with students, staff, parents, and leaders.
• Ongoing contact with TWC Pastors and staff members.
• Be an advocate for children and educate our constituents about the hopes, concerns, and needs of children at TWC and our community.
• Formulate TWC Kids facility standards for existing and new campuses.
• Help develop and maintain all security standards.
• Oversee special event planning to include but not be limited to TWC Kids seasonal events, & Dream Team appreciation events.
• Oversee the quality of service and function at all campuses.
TWC Kids Dream Team
• Mentor, manage and disciple TWC Kids Dream Team Members.
• Recruit and train TWC Kids Dream Team members who work with children in all aspects of the ministry and ensure adequate support and adult to children ratios.
• Create quarterly goals for TWC Kids and Dream Teamers.
• Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, children's, and special needs ministry leaders and Dream Team members.
• Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
TWC Kids Curriculum
• Create resources for TWC Kids programming
• Develop, research, and provide a curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of TWC.
• Utilize The Orange Curriculum
• Create and participate with small group curriculum
TWC Kids Leadership & Development
• Participate in continuing education, events, and training opportunities.
• Conduct research of other churches regarding their approach to ministry
• Communicate in a timely manner (24-48 hours) and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
• Create and prepare monthly communications for TWC Kids Dream Team members.
• Create and prepare monthly communications for TWC Kids' parents.
· All other duties as assigned
• Full commitment to the ministry
· Position requires ongoing development
· Position requires hours outside normal business hours
· Position may require extended work hours
· Position may require travel
· Positive attitude
• Possess a humble, cooperative, and willing attitude.
· Heart of a servant
· Share the vision of The Worship Center to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
· High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• The ability and willingness to drive their personal vehicle or a TWC vehicle to any of the ministry multiple locations
• The ability to lift large/heavy objects
· To be a Tither at TWC (Leviticus 27:30)
i. At The Worship Center we practice tithing for the support of Christ’s Body, the church as God commands. We recognize that giving 10% of our income is the biblical standard of giving
· Small Groups (Acts 20:20)
ii. Small Groups are at the heart of TWC. Real-life change happens in the context of relationships – small groups. In the Bible, they worshipped in the temple but ministry happened house to house. Small groups at TWC take place during 3 semesters of the year. You are expected to lead a small group or participate in a small group at least once annually
• Attending Service and Bible Study (Hebrews 10:25, 2 Timothy 2:15, Luke 10:38-42)
- Your Spiritual Growth is the number one priority. What you do as part of the TWC Ministry Team should be fueled by your ongoing spiritual development. Work can never take a backseat to Worship. Worship and Bible Study are non-negotiable for all TWC Ministry Team Members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands and may change at any time with or without notice.
Ignite Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Greenville, North Carolina
Greenville, North Carolina
Valleydale Church | Baptist: SBC
Internship | Birmingham, Alabama
Valleydale Church | Baptist: SBC
Internship | Birmingham, Alabama
The Fellowship | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Katy, Texas
Promise Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Cleburne, Texas