PARKSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION Rev. 9/3/21
Title: Communications Manager
Position Type: Full Time/Salary
Reports To: Lead Minister
Description: Create, develop, and manage website, social media, graphic design, communication and database/directory programs in coordination with the church staff.
- Develop and implement the overall communication strategy that best helps accomplish the mission of the church.
- Create, develop and manage social media, website, graphic design, and tasks as required.
- Work in coordination with staff to ensure overall clarity, coherence, and theme of all Parkside communication materials.
- Create and coordinate communication materials for Parkside Staff in a timely manner.
- Able to create graphics that embody and maintain the feel, culture, and values of Parkside
- Take content from Parkside staff and both design and distribute it in a way that enhances the message.
- Help select the database and directory tools that Parkside uses to keep up to date contact information.
- Maintain the database and directory and coordinate competency training amongst the rest of staff.
- Ensure that the church database and directory is fully utilized towards the overall strategy and mission of Parkside.
- Other duties assigned by the Lead Minister.
- Authorized to approve and/or spend up to the amounts established by the Lead Minister.
- Communications Degree appreciated, but proven experience is a priority (3-5 years preferably)
- Proven skills using Constant Contact, Wordpress website CSS, and HTML
- Experienced in social media content creation, editing and publishing, including but not limited to using HootSuite, Buffer, HubSpot, or Send Social
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and/or Canva Pro as well as basic video editing abilities
- Experience with MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Demonstrated evidence of a Christ-like attitude in both words and actions
- Passionate about the vision, mission and strategy of PCC
- A self–starter, able to work with limited supervision, trustworthy, dependable and accountable. Able to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Friendly, confident, positive demeanor and personable, a team player and builder. Able to multitask, very organized and detail oriented.
Job Description Communications Coordinator 9/3/21