POSITION TITLE: Kids Ministry Director
DATE: August 2021
SUPERVISOR: Executive Pastor
The mission of Good News United Methodist is to build our lives on the reality of Jesus. We do so by living into our values; to pursue God, build community, and live generously. Good News is a thriving congregation in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida located along the 30A beaches in South Walton County. The church has a rich history and exciting future as more and more families move to the area and participate in the ministry and mission of Good News. The foundation of Kid’s Ministry is firmly in place and we trust that God is leading us to someone experienced and equipped to further develop the family ministry culture…leading our Kid’s Ministry parents and staff. Good News is a contemporary church grounded in the orthodox Wesleyan tradition.
Lead Kids Programming & Staff
- Set the vision and mission for overall Kid’s Ministry utilizing the Orange philosophy and curriculum.
- Maintain alignment of Kid’s Ministry with the overall church mission and values of the church.
- Develop and implement overall the ministry strategy.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to the Kid’s Ministry Staff.
- Establish Kid’s Council that advises and participates in Kid’s Ministry.
- Set goals for the ministry and evaluate the faithfulness to those goals.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of systems, processes, and strategy of Kid’s Ministry.
- Establish budget for the ministry and oversee implementation.
- Oversee staging design and environments for each of the Kid’s Ministry areas.
- Create moments and memories such as 3rd Grade bibles, PreK Preview Day, Promotion, 4th Grade Graduation, etc…
- Adhere to and keep Good News in compliance with AWF Conference Safe Sanctuaries policy.
- Create content and manage social media.
Recruit, Equip and Deploy Volunteers
- Create a recruiting message and process inviting the larger church to fulfill its call to raise kids in Christ and point them to spiritual maturity.
- Offer regular training opportunities for volunteers so they grow in their love for the ministry and impact on kids and families.
- Develop a system thanking and encouraging volunteers.
Build Relationships with Parents
- Build relationships with parents by having breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee.
- Oversee processes for connecting to new families.
- Partner with the family by equipping them to talk with their kids about Christ and to disciple their children at home.
- Provide resources to parents for ongoing discipleship in their homes utilizing the Orange resources.Create training events for parents that equip them to disciple children in their homes.
- Establish online resources easily accessed by families.
Lead VBS & Other Kids Ministry Events
- Plan and oversee VBS.
- Establish a core VBS leadership team that owns various parts of this ministry.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Daddy Daughter Dance, Kids Kamp, VBS, FriendsGiving.
CHARACTERISTIC & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Innovative & Creative
- Mobilize & Motivate Teams
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:
- Accomplishment of Quarterly Goals set by supervisor.
- Children growing in relationship with Jesus and each other.
- Volunteers growing in relationship with Jesus and each other.
- Creating a healthy and inviting atmosphere for volunteers and children.
- Adherence to Safe Sanctuaries Policy