Support and broaden the ministry of the First Presbyterian Church of Lewisburg by providing spiritual leadership to Middle and High School-aged youth in our congregation and community. This ministry is broad based, including a variety of activities involving youth, from formal meetings to informal support and discipleship of youth and their families. Integrate youth into the life of the church, growing relationships between students and members through worship, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
College undergraduate degree and training in youth ministry, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
Accountable to the Pastor and the Session.
● Proclaim the Word of God with clarity. Ground all teaching in the Bible’s revelation of God, with a central focus on the power of the resurrected Christ and the empowerment of God's indwelling Spirit.
● Conduct yourself as a Godly role model to young people.
● Plan and oversee all Middle School and High School youth programs (i.e. fellowship groups, Bible studies, service projects and mission trips, etc.). Recruit and train church members as volunteer-leaders.
● Plan and oversee Sunday School classes for Middle and/or High School-aged youth (in conjunction with the Pastor and Christian Education Committee).
● Organize and lead a summer youth mission trip, and weekend retreats, mission, or service projects, including associated recruiting, training, and fundraising events.
● Organize an annual youth-facilitated Sunday morning worship service to recognize graduates, and to share with the congregation the experience of youth mission work.
● Be available for individual meetings with youth and/or parents as needed (this also may include college-age youth connected with our congregation).
● Seek opportunities to support youth activities in the area schools and wider community. (i.e. sports coaching, extra-curricular activities)
● Maintain communication with the Session by providing a monthly summary report of current and planned activities.
● Participate in the Sunday morning worship service no less than quarterly, either by giving the sermon or presenting the Children’s Message. (Coordinated with Pastor and Director of Children’s Ministries)
● Attend and participate in weekly church staff meetings. (Currently Wednesdays at 10:00am.) Establish scheduled office hours. (Determined in conjunction with the Pastor and the Administrative Assistant.)
The Director of Youth Ministries will communicate and coordinate with the Pastor, share monthly reports with Session, sit on the Christian Education Committee, and partner with other church Boards, committees, and staff members as required. The Director will seek opportunities for youth to serve, interact, and engage with the community and with the youth ministries of other local churches.
The Personnel Committee of the Session, with the Pastor’s input, will meet with the Director annually for a performance evaluation, to discuss professional and personal development goals, and to review the adequacy of compensation.
Medical Two weeks paid vacation
One week study leave Church manse is available as housing
If interested in the position please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of three references.
Email (preferred) to: [email protected]
Or, to our mailing address:
First Presbyterian Church
18 Market Street
Lewisburg, PA 17837
We are a 300-member congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), located in Lewisburg, PA. Our community is home to Bucknell University, a regional medical center, and a highly-ranked school district. First Presbyterian Church carries on a long tradition of local and international mission work, and maintains an open door to the community through our Himmelreich Memorial Library. We strive to serve our Lord Jesus Christ through worship, fellowship, education, and service given in love of God and of our neighbors.
LCBC Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Manheim, Pennsylvania
First Presbyterian of Glen Ellyn | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Part-time | Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Brainerd Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Saint Mary of the Nativity | Catholic
Full-time | Scituate, Massachusetts