Classification: Full-Time starting at $45,000. Negotiable depending on education and experience.
The Student Pastor is responsible for the development and implementation of all programs, activities, and education within the Student Ministry (SM) of North Acres Baptist Church (NABC). The Student Pastor will be responsible for the oversight (not implementing) the Children’s Ministry (CM) of NABC.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Displays a growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by actions, attitude, and behavior.
· Displays a passion for Student Ministry and seeing both parents and students grow in the faith.
· Displays a desire to share the Gospel in the city of Minden and Webster Parrish.
· Displays a heart for missions in all parts of the world.
· Embraces the vision and values of NABC.
· Is a professional, self-starter, and is excellent at following through on details.
· Solves problems through innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
· Uses appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
· Employs leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
· Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with the Pastor, staff, volunteers, and other ministries of NABC.
· Becomes a tithing member of NABC.
· Lead in the planning and implementation of the SM (grades 7-12) programs and meetings (Sunday School, Wednesday night youth services, Bible study groups, camps, retreats, fellowships, etc.).
· Regularly lead worship, discipleship, and fellowship of students weekly.
· Administrate the SM organization, including the preparation and administration of a budget for youth ministries.
· Plan and implement evangelistic outreach to youth and youth families.
· Build relationships by personally getting to know the youth and their families by being present at school and community activities (sports events, dance recitals, dramas, etc.).
· Build relationships to the volunteers in the SM and provide necessary training.
· Plan for and attend a camp (Mfuge, Centrifuge, etc.) for the youth every summer.
· Coordinate all SM with the Pastor and other church leaders.
· Supervise and give vision to the CM of NABC.
· Help develop a budget for the CM with the help of the CM volunteers.
· Plan for a camp (CentriKid or local equivalent) for the children every summer. Attendance IS NOT required.
· Oversee (not implement) VBS one week every summer.
· Attend all weekly staff meetings.
· Serve as part of the pastoral staff in the pastoral care of the church family (home visits, hospital visits, funerals, etc.).
· Have consistent office hours Monday-Thursday that are approved by the Pastor.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Pastor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Some job experience is preferred, but not necessarily required.
· References and background check are required.
901 Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Millington, Tennessee
Valleydale Church | Baptist: SBC
Internship | Birmingham, Alabama
Promise Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Cleburne, Texas
Hope Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Real Life Sango | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Clarksville, Tennessee