To provide, develop, and support a comprehensive communications plan to promote Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church (CMBC) and its ministries. The position coordinates marketing, public relations, social media strategy, web presence, and other communication strategies for church as a means of achieving our mission.
FLSA status: Exempt
Hiring range: $30,000.00 - $35,000.00, depending on qualifications
Supervision Received and Exercised: Receives direct supervision from the Church Administrator and provides functional and technical direction to assigned staff as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing and public relations:
· Establishes a comprehensive communications program that will enhance the visibility and desired image of the church.
· Collaborates closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products; marketing products to church disciples, other faith-based organizations, and the public.
· Develops and/or supervises the preparation and distribution of news releases to secular, denominational, and interfaith media to promote events and activities of the church.
· Conceptualizes and executes comprehensive communication plans for programs and events using a variety of tools, to include media relations, printed materials, videos, social
media, and other online resources.
· Designs all CMBC print and electronic materials such as letterhead, logo, and brochures and directs its use.
· Reviews page designs and features of the website to ensure they are accurate, consistent, interactive, user friendly, visually appealing, and reflect a positive image of the church.
· Engages discipleship and the community via social media.
· Recruits, trains, schedules, and coordinates media teams to provide audio, video, and broadcast support as needed for worship services and other events as required.
· Determines and facilitates communications with secular media and responds appropriately to requests.
· Trains and assists with the development and coordination of the audio/video ministry and TV/web-broadcasts.
· Facilitates media productions and development of communications resources as needed.
· Creates graphics for ministry events, sermon series, website design, and outreach efforts.
· Develops an annual budget for equipment purchases and maintenance of existing equipment and purchases media-related equipment as required.
· Takes photographs at church events and combines photos with communications as appropriate.
· Supervises communications volunteer staff.
· Recruits volunteers for development.
· Performs other essential functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
Three years of professional-level experience in the areas of pastoral support, marketing, communications, public relations, or related field. Direct experience with communication technology in a modern worship production environment is preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Church-based communications.
· Current computer applications and software for church office and media.
· Major social media channels.
· Audio-visual equipment and its uses.
· Using a variety of computer software and hardware and emerging media technologies.
· Maintain a courteous, Christian attitude in dealing with discipleship and the public.
· Stay abreast with the latest technology and its functions.
· Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others while maintaining professionalism.
· Communicate orally and in written forms.
· Produce written documents with clear organized thoughts using standard grammar.
· Work cooperatively with others.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
First Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Winston Salem, North Carolina
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Steele Creek Presbyterian Church at Pleasant Hill | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Part-time | Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
East Cooper Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Revive Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Arvada, Colorado