Faith Church is seeking an individual with a pastoral call for the Associate Pastor position who exhibits the following:
- Experience: He has previous ministry experience in a local church, particularly in youth and adult discipleship ministry roles. He has worked in unity with church elders and honors their spiritual leadership, counsel, and accountability.
- Character: He is holy, humble, transparent, trustworthy, teachable, and faithful, with a strong personal prayer life. His life aligns closely to the Biblical standards for elders (Titus 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-7). He displays the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), while able to verbalize his weaknesses, inadequacies, and sins. He is a man who has experienced enough pain in life and ministry to keep him humble and dependent on Jesus.
- Gifting: He has a developed gifts in building a disciple-making culture (Matt. 28:16-20), teaching/equipping the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13), leading/organizing youth & discipleship ministries, and investing in those who report to him. He also has a genuine shepherd’s heart (1 Peter 5:1-5).
- Passion: He loves Christ passionately. He embraces and teaches a proper view of the sinful, grievously lost nature of natural man, and God’s marvelous salvation in Christ alone. He promotes a strong view of the pre-eminence of Christ in the life of the believer and the local church. He teaches & encourages a healthy, biblical vision for the local church.
- Leader: He is strong but meek (strength under control), leading by example. He is able to communicate Faith Church’s vision and direction, in collaboration with the pastors & elders. He is actively engaged in personal disciple-making.
- Personality: He is friendly and approachable with a high level of collegiality with staff and members of the congregation. He can maintain a sense of gratitude in all aspects of life.
- Theology: He has formal Biblical training, preferably seminary. He is in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith. He embraces and teaches a high view of God, including His sovereignty, holiness, and grace.
- Philosophy of Ministry: He can articulate and lead from a Bible-shaped, Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry which embraces the local church as God’s vehicle for advancing His cause on earth. He can articulate and lead a family-centered youth ministry, where parents are coached to take the lead in discipling their children and the local church plays a crucial support & equipping role.
Gifts & strengths desired:
- Teaching & Equipping
- Strong Engagement with Youth & Families
- Organizational Leadership
- Empowering others
- Partner with our pastors & elders to creatively build a disciple-making culture.
- Lead our Youth Ministry (7th-12th grades), in partnership with our Adult Volunteers, to create a safe & nurturing environment for evangelizing & discipling our youth. Equip parents to disciple their children. Faithfully and winsomely teach the Bible to our youth. Organize youth events, camps, and retreats. Recruit, train, and provide leadership to all youth ministry volunteers.
- Lead our Membership process and Equipping Hour (Sunday School hour focused on equipping the saints). Teach & train adults in an effort to disciple them in the faith. Recruit, train, and provide leadership to our Membership Class & Equipping Hour teachers.
- Shepherd, nurture, and pray for the flock at Faith Church.
- Provide an environment through which the Body at Faith Church can mature in Christ and be equipped for the work of ministry.
- Be involved in personal disciple-making, inside and outside Faith Church.
- Manage, supervise, and conduct performance reviews for direct reports (when applicable).
- Demonstrate proactive leadership that reflects the mission, objectives, core values, and the needs of Faith Church.
- Perform other pastoral duties, such as preaching, weddings, funerals, hospital visitation, and other tasks as assigned, based on experience & gifting and in partnership with the other pastors.
- Qualifications for an elder as found in Scripture
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- MA/MDiv or higher degree from an accredited seminary is highly desirable
- Demonstrated pastoral & youth experience in a local church is highly desirable
- Experience managing and leading teams of volunteers
- Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
How To Apply:
After prayerful consideration, please submit the following application materials via email to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email.
- Cover Letter – Introduce yourself and your interest in the position. Please also indicate if you can affirm the EFCA Statement of Faith without reservations (www.faithchurch.net/statement-of-faith).
- Resume – Document your ministry experience, educational background, and at least five references
- Brief philosophy of pastoral ministry – Write a 2-to-3 page summary of your philosophy of local church ministry, which should also include your philosophy of family-centered ministry as it relates to youth & the local church. Please include scripture references.
- 2 Ministry Samples – Please provide recordings of you teaching the Bible in a formal setting (e.g. links to a Sunday morning sermon or teaching at youth group).
Faith Church is committed to reaching people where they are, showing them the love of Christ, and equipping them to share that love with those around them. That’s why, each Sunday, our teaching team of pastors bring a message that reaches everyone, while taking an in-depth look at what God has to say. Our worship services use various styles of music and all available forms of media and technology to share the Gospel message with people in a relevant and life changing way.
The family of Faith Church seeks to be committed to making more and better disciples through being in communion with God, being in community with others and being on mission with Christ.