We are seeking a full-time Director of Modern Worship Arts & Youth to oversee worship for our modern service, as well as the youth ministry. This is a full-time position with competitive salary (Starting at $50,000 salary) and benefits.
The Director of Worship Arts & Youth is responsible for overseeing the music for the modern worship service, as well as the youth ministry. The ideal candidate will have a clear testimony concerning their faith in Jesus, will display excellent leadership and relational skills, and will support the church’s vision and goals. Additionally, they will be a talented musician and vocalist, as well as have a passion for next generation ministries.
Modern Worship Requirements and Responsibilities:
Music and Worship
1. Must be a talented musician and vocalist.
2. Able to assemble band members with complementary abilities and instrumentation.
3. Ability to read music and provide arrangements for a variety of instruments.
4. Must have a working knowledge of live sound.
5. Understands (is willing to learn) and values Anglican theology and liturgy, and the significance of the liturgical calendar, factoring seasons of the church year into planning.
6. Leads the band in weekly rehearsals.
7. Selects music based on the Scripture selections and sermon series.
1. Ensures that sound quality for live and live-stream is excellent.
2. Trains and Schedules volunteers for audio and visual aspects of worship.
Youth Ministry Requirements and Responsibilities
1. Seminary education preferred.
2. 3+ years of experience in youth ministry.
1. Working closely with the Senior Pastor, they will develop a curriculum for youth that follows Prince of Peace’s pathway of discipleship.
2. Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the youth ministry such as community groups, worship experiences, evangelism projects, etc.
3. Recruit and train volunteer leaders.
4. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
5. Set and oversee the youth ministry budget
6. Maintain youth ministry media presence.
7. Lead camps and retreats, especially participating in Diocesan sponsored events.
1. Recruits and equips new team members and volunteers for both worship and youth.
2. Maintains worship and production budget.
3. Maintains youth budget.
4. Attends staff meetings.
5. Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please send resume, cover letter, and videos of music samples and teaching. In addition, please provide brief (less than 300 words) responses to the following questions:
How are you theologically aligned with our denomination?
What is your theology of worship?
What is your philosophy of ministry to the next generation?
What do you sense God's call to be for your life?
Prince of Peace is located in Viera, a new and fast growing portion of Brevard County. We are minutes from the beach, a short drive from Orlando, and the home of the space program. Our location makes the future of ministry very exciting as more and more people are moving to the area.
We are an orthodox expression of Anglicanism with a traditional worship service and a fresh and modern worship service. It is our philosophy to present the richness of our tradition in fresh and new ways for a people hungry for an authentic relationship with Jesus. This is an exciting time in the life of our community.
Bethel Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Bradenton, Florida
Island Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Islamorada, Florida
Westside Church of Christ | Church of Christ
Full-time | Baltimore, Maryland
Broomfield Assembly | Assemblies of God
Full-time | Broomfield, Colorado
St. Marks Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Part-time | Lomita, California